View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2011, 04:02 PM
Sue, I send you love and strength at this time. I know how hard it is to watch someone you love suffer through illness. Make sure you get help for yourself. You dont have to cope alone. Big hugs and licks from Tilly and Gracie. xx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2011, 04:20 PM
Oh Sue, what a horrible situation to be in - both for your sister and for you.

Please try and take a little time for yourself, and endeavour not to stress too much.......

I sincerely hope your sister is feeling a little more comfortable soon.

x0x
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2011, 04:28 PM
Originally Posted by suecurrie View Post
Thanks SB - hadn't thought about support for me as my sister is my first priority.
I was thinking of a home help, or similar and respite care.

Have you looked here?

http://www.carersinwiltshire.co.uk/
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2011, 05:17 PM
Thinking of you and your poor sister *Hugs*

Hope she's feeling better soon xx
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-07-2011, 05:27 PM
Trying to pull myself together today and not to get too anxious but very difficult when you see someone you love looking so thin (she is 5.5 stone) and very very pale and has the most horrendous cough. On the exterior I appear very calm as she has enough to contend with at the moment - all my anxiety is behind closed doors It obviously brings back memories of when I looked after my husband who died 4.5 years ago. Dogsey vibes would be much appreciated for my sister to get at least a little better as she will never fully recover
Sue I am not surprised you are anxious, forget about 'pulling yourself together' you are allowed to be upset...hugs xx

Thinking of you both ....
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2011, 06:30 PM
have u a breath easy support group in your area. the british lung foundation should be-able to give u the info. a dear friend of mine had that, and they where so good for her. also for her friends. could ring up anytime to talk.
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2011, 06:31 PM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
Love & vibes from us for both you & your sister xx
Thank you very much xx

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
I am sorry to hear about your sister I hope she makes an improvement really soon.

Please look after yourself too and remember Dogsey folk are always here. Xx
Thanks Lynn - very kindxx

Originally Posted by brophy View Post
Lots of hugs to you and vibes for your sister being sent from here. You are doing a wonderful job taking care of her and her doggies and you must be worried about her of course but do try and look after yourself too. Thinking of you both x
Thanks brophy. xx

Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
So sorry to hear about your poor sister Sue, no wonder it's making you so ill and lacking sleep, but of course you have to be strong for her and keep your worries to yourself at times like this. I'm sending everything I've got, all fingers and paws crossed here for your dear sister, and also for YOU, because we don't want to hear you being ill with worry like this. I hope they can help her out, I hope she gets much better with some rest and being with somebody she loves so much will help her enormously. All the best Sue, I was wondering where you'd got to. You need some of Sally's magic bottle tonight methinks, that'll cheer you up.xxxxxxx
Thanks Helena. What is Sally's magic bottle? I don't drink which is probably a good thing as I am sure I would be an alchi by now

Originally Posted by tillytheterrier View Post
Sue, I send you love and strength at this time. I know how hard it is to watch someone you love suffer through illness. Make sure you get help for yourself. You dont have to cope alone. Big hugs and licks from Tilly and Gracie. xx
Thanks very much and I know you are having a hard time as well. Lots of love xx

Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Oh Sue, what a horrible situation to be in - both for your sister and for you.

Please try and take a little time for yourself, and endeavour not to stress too much.......

I sincerely hope your sister is feeling a little more comfortable soon.

x0x
Thanks Vicki. If she could put on some weight I am sure that would help so that is my first objective. xx

Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
I was thinking of a home help, or similar and respite care.

Have you looked here?

http://www.carersinwiltshire.co.uk/
Many thanks SB - will investigate.

Originally Posted by Lou View Post
Thinking of you and your poor sister *Hugs*

Hope she's feeling better soon xx
Thanks Lou xx

Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Sue I am not surprised you are anxious, forget about 'pulling yourself together' you are allowed to be upset...hugs xx

Thinking of you both ....
Thanks Minihaha xx
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2011, 06:34 PM
Originally Posted by bens mum View Post
have u a breath easy support group in your area. the british lung foundation should be-able to give u the info. a dear friend of mine had that, and they where so good for her. also for her friends. could ring up anytime to talk.
Thanks very much. She needs to get rid of a chest infection first and she is taking loads of antibiotics. I will look up this support group. Most grateful. xx
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-07-2011, 06:54 PM
I will add your sister to my prayers tonight.

Malka
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2011, 07:17 PM
Sue - I am so sorry to hear about your poor sister. It is no wonder you are in bits. Sending positive vibes and love to you both xxx Take care.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >