Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-06-2011, 10:57 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
im still waiting and we have been together four years this year.. im starting to think about things now as it seems he doesnt want the same things i do.. im ready to move out and grow up a bit and he really isnt... so i dont know whats going to happen to be honest.
id have been ready to move out now, say 3/4 years with being that bit younger. i think you need to work out what makes each other tick before you move in together as that courses more arguements...
Congrats on four years It's a shame your boyfriend doesn't seem to want to move out yet, I remember you posting about it a while back. Perhaps if he thinks he's likely to lose you he will make the effort to grow up and move out?

I agree, I think working out what makes each other tick is important and that's something that I'm worried about with moving in together so quickly. Fortunately I think I've figured his 'ticks' out and I can sort of foresee where we're going to have arguments so I think that'll help. I'm just apprehensive in case he hasn't quite worked out what makes me tick yet and ends up pushing my buttons and making me go crazy
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2011, 11:18 PM
I played hard to get we met 8th Nov 2002 he asked me to marry him December 14th 2002 I moved in Jan 2003 and we married March 8th 2003........... see what happens when you play hard to get
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-06-2011, 01:37 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
I played hard to get we met 8th Nov 2002 he asked me to marry him December 14th 2002 I moved in Jan 2003 and we married March 8th 2003........... see what happens when you play hard to get
I don't know if I could play hard to get as well as you did!
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2011, 02:22 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
lol
Sound like me!
We got together on 9th Oct, moved in together on 10th October and 5th November he proposed
Can't get married yet though as i'm waiting for a divorce lol
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2011, 02:29 PM
I love all these "met him on Monday, moved in on Tuesday" kinda stories
We chatted online for a few months, met in June a few times, declared our love for each other & moved in together 6 weeks later & married 2 years later. Now been married 10 years

I agree life is too sure for what if's but wish you the best of luck whatever you decide
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2011, 05:06 PM
god this thread is really making me think things through alot more! think some decisions need to be made really...
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2011, 10:37 PM
Originally Posted by Magpyex View Post
I don't know if I could play hard to get as well as you did!

Originally Posted by Hevvur View Post
lol
Sound like me!
We got together on 9th Oct, moved in together on 10th October and 5th November he proposed
Can't get married yet though as i'm waiting for a divorce lol
Im sure it will all be sorted xxx
Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
We chatted online for a few months, met in June a few times, declared our love for each other & moved in together 6 weeks later & married 2 years later. Now been married 10 years

I agree life is too sure for what if's but wish you the best of luck whatever you decide
Congrats xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
god this thread is really making me think things through alot more! think some decisions need to be made really...
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-06-2011, 10:41 PM
Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post

Congrats on ten years! And thank you, I'm hoping this works out but if not there is always time in the future!

Good luck with the decision making
lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2011, 11:19 PM
me and my oh have been together 5 years now, we only moved in together last year (properly, as at my last flat he had been there near enough every night for about 6months with me having to send him home)

i have no doubt he would have moved in sooner BUT i liked (and still do sometimes) having time to myself, just me and the animals, like tonight for instance, he is away to stay with his friend in edinburgh but will be back tommorow

(OH is hard of hearing, his friend is deaf and has a dodgy ticker, so needs a bit of help with doing things like a big food shop and neither of us mind helping out)

so i get time to just relax with my furrie's without hearing him have to say, moovee get out the way everytime he goes to make himself a cuppa because ty is lying in the doorway or standing in the most awkward place he can
or him chasing the cats out of the kitchen, or constantly away from the rat cage ( they dont seem to bother too much about the rats when its just me in, but im sure trouble does it to wind him up )
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2011, 03:55 PM
As others have said life is WAAAAAY to short for what if's and should we's!

I met my Husband in September and moved in in the November. We married the following September and 11 years on we have just separated and I am now with someone new.

So what if things don't work out, you cannot live your life worrying about what is around the corner, all that matters is how you feel now. There is no right and wrong in relationships, what is right for one person may not be right for another.

Listen to your heart and your gut and you can't go wrong
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >