View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2011, 07:34 AM
I'm so sorry to read about what happened last night & I agree with Vicki too that possibly he needs to be sectioned for his own safety. He will be able to think clearer without the aid of a bottle of vodka & hopefully get through this.
Thinking of you xx
Mollybobs
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-04-2011, 12:48 PM
Just a quick update.
The crisis team rang back, but would not do anything without us going to se a GP again. The GP son saw, liked and trusted only works Tuesdays, so we saw another GP. Son sat with his head down, let me do all the explaining and only spoke to tell her he did not want to see the crash team, but would see a counsellor, and to tell her that the drugs she was prescribing would not work
He has been given vit B and Clordiazepoxide 30mg x 4 times a day. Apparantly they will help with alcohol withdrawel and will sedate him. The doc asked him if he was still having suicidal thoughts, without even raising his head he said no, and had not for a few days! I told her what happened last night. She kept looking between him and me, obviously very concerned about the situation, but just gave us the prescription and said a counsellor would be in touch.
He is in a foul mood - unusual for him through the day, and is now in his room again.
I am afraid to leave the house and can't imagine going to bed tonight.
Anyway, we will have to hope these drugs do something for him quickly
Thanks agin for the support
Daxi Delight
New Member!
Female 

14-04-2011, 01:11 PM
Have you phoned the original GP? I believe you said he isn't working today but he did give your son his mobile number. I personally would try to get in tough as he is obviously someone your son trusts.

My 21 yr old failed to get into the Marines and ended up working in a call centre and he too got very depressed for various reasons. It is so heartbreaking to see them in floods of tears and so lost. The worst thing for me was that he didn't say anything for a long time as he thought he'd let us down. My OH was sadly a 'pull yourself together' type too which I think discouraged him from speaking out.

My son is now getting thro it - he has bad days and better days but I feel there is light at the end of the tunnel. I hope that your son gets the help he needs too; and as others have said, don't stop talking on here. You will need support too to enable you to be strong for him.
Mollybobs
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-04-2011, 01:20 PM
[QUOTE=Daxi Delight;2234790]Have you phoned the original GP? I believe you said he isn't working today but he did give your son his mobile number. I personally would try to get in tough as he is obviously someone your son trusts.

My 21 yr old failed to get into the Marines and ended up working in a call centre and he too got very depressed for various reasons. It is so heartbreaking to see them in floods of tears and so lost. The worst thing for me was that he didn't say anything for a long time as he thought he'd let us down.

Snap - mine did not get into RAF Officer training due to cutbacks - this after he went back to college to get the 'A' levels he needed to go to uni and then going on to get his degree. He put 5 years into chasing his dream. He too ended up in a call centre until he was sacked/made redundant (depending on which version is favourite at the moment).

I have made an appointment for son to see the favoured doc on Tuesday, I just hope we can get though till then.

To be honest, I think if I can just get a good few hours sleep, I will be able to cope a lot better. We spent 20 hrs travelling back from hols, arriving back on Friday night, and since then I have not had more than a couple of hours a night - and I don't do well without my 8 hours

Ah well, on and up
Ollies mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-04-2011, 04:12 PM
So sorry to read your latests post and feel so helpless.

Hope you can get through till Tuesday,when you are seeing the doctor your son trusted -what a pity he only works Tuesdays
Please dont stop posting on here- many, many of us on here(me included) have needed support.

Thats what we are all here for-
to help each other get through bad times and to be happy for each other in good times-whether its to do with our animals or our family or anything else
If it helps to talk we are hear to listen.
Thinking of you and sending BIG HUGS
from Maureen
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2011, 06:47 PM
If you feel your losing control of the situation and he is going to harm himself (or you), call the police. They will take him to a "place of safety" ie the police station and call out a doctor to him. You are not alone in this, use the professionals around you. Good luck.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2011, 09:13 PM
Just sending some ((((((Hugs))))))) and positive vibes xxxxxxxx
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2011, 09:22 PM
I have only just seen this and really feel for you and understand what you are going through.
I really hope your son gets some counseling soon and that the tablets help.
Big (((Hugs))) to you and please look after yourself too.
Lovesgsds
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-04-2011, 12:26 AM
This is a really awful time for you, Tuesday must seem a long time away for you at the moment, did the crisis team give you any advice hon?? If they won't intervene surely they can advise what you can do if you're very worried before Tuesday? Sending you hugs xx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2011, 06:03 AM
Hope you managed to get some rest last night, hon, and that your son is "ok" this morning.

I hope he's willing to try the medication the doc gave him.

Big hugs - you are all in my thoughts xx
Page 7 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >