Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2011, 09:54 PM
Just seen this you must be going through hell hun. Is there any news xx
Just a thought have you rung around his friends the other advice regarding contacting the police is an excellant idea as well.
Lovesgsds
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-04-2011, 10:24 PM
Jackie this is awful for you honey, I agree maybe you should contact the police as if you fear he may harm himself they will help find him (my brother did similar thing a while ago and it was the police who helped find him, he wasn't very happy we'd involoved the police but we got him to the drs and got him the help he needed)

Please let us know xx
Ollies mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-04-2011, 10:48 PM
Have just read this and feel so worried-both for your son and for you
You have a lot of support on here-we are all hoping that he is found safe
As a mum I can relate to all you feelings-it the best "job" in the world but also sometimes the hardest
We are all here for you
love Maureen
Mollybobs
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-04-2011, 04:25 AM
Well, panic over for now. I am sorry I did not get back here last night, but to be honest, I just slept!

He turned up at 5:30pm, just walked through the door, and we had a good hour of tears and explanations.

He had packed a bag, so that when he crashed his car at 90 miles an hour into a brick wall it would look like an accident and not suicide.... At the last minute he could not do it. He spent the morning going to various chemists and supermarkets to buy enough pills to do the job.

THEN, he says he just thought bu**er it and walked into a doctors surgery (not our doctor)! and spoke to a doctor for nearly an hour, pouring out how these suicidal thoughts had been getting stronger, his problems with alcohol (he apparantly never craves it through the day, nor at night really - he just wants the oblivion it gives), as well as another personal problem he told us about. Whoever this doctor was, God bless him, he gave son both the time and support he desperately needed, telling him at the end that his admired sons bravery in addressing his problems and had nothing but respoect for him
While son was there, he called a 'crash team'? and requested somehelp for son. At this point, son literally ran from the surgery with nurse in hot pursuit! However, doctor rang here, not long after son told us everything and they had a 5 minutes chat. Son now has address and phone number of this team to call to arrange counselling and support.
Everyone is still very raw, but as a family we can face anything - now that the issue is out in the open, hopefully we can start working to resolve it.

For those of you who have been through something similar, do I just back off completely now? I think I might get over involved with things and whilst I don't nag, can't help but advise him what he should do - should I just be there, a silent support? Is it worth me taking to this team to ask what supprt and help I can provide? This is all so new to me, I don't know what the 'form' is - after all, he is an adult. Would anyone even talk to me about it?

Finally THANK YOU.

You have no idea how much your messages helped yesterday, just to know I was not alone.

Love to you all
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2011, 04:58 AM
Oh hon, what a relief!

So happy son is home with you and safe.

As for what to do now, I would play it very gently.......

Good luck

x0x
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-04-2011, 06:05 AM
I am so relieved.
borderladysue
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-04-2011, 06:22 AM
I would ask him what he would like you to do from here, it is hard to not get over involved being a mum, but at least he has climed the first rung of the ladder, which he did himself, and just be there, so glad he is home,
Cachapman710
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-04-2011, 06:54 AM
I am so glad to read this, this morning. Hopefully now your son will receive some professional help and be able to move on with his life.
Tell him that you will always be there for him no matter what and that you love him.
Can't imagine what you have been through. xxx
TeamSpaniel
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-04-2011, 07:15 AM
Phew!!! Glad he's safe!!! x
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2011, 07:26 AM
What an ordeal, I am so glad he is safe. I think you should speak to the team and ask their advise, it sounds like you could do with some support too.
Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »