Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Housedog
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-05-2005, 06:51 PM

Shaken Up

Well after the almost loosing Rocky incident, things progressed nicely. I had a wee chap who cheerfully followed me where ever I roamed. As he grew a little older he became lanky " TALL " and if I'm honest looked more like a whippet cross, than the adult Staffords I had seen. " Boy was I worried " where was the muscular slab of tissue and bone I had expected to see " He was very intelligent, and you could see that he weighed up situations, rather than dive in head first. He was aware of all roads and pathways within a 4mile radius of my home, " Incase he decided to flee again at anytime " Nothing to exciting happened in the months from his disapearance in the Glen. I was taking him for his usual stroll one morning, he would just have been a week off 7months, as we walked along the street, " Rocky on his leash " "I never free my dogs until there is adequate areas for them to exercise and for myself to have an allround veiw." a fair distance off I could see a GSD on the street, it was with it's owner but was running free. I watched it closely as it approached us, it's tail was wagging, and the owner didn't seem preturbed by the fact his dog was approaching a pup, so foolishly I left Rocky on the ground to let him meet this GSD. The B-----d grabbed Rocky by the neck, I inturn grabbed the GSD by the collar and began to twist with all my strength, this was first time "Not to be the last" that I saw Rockys eyes change, they became to me then what looked like " Possessed" all other earthly things were gone fro his mind. He took hold of the GSDs underjaw, and shook with all his might, the owner of the GSD, by this time had arrived at the scene, he started to beat his dog with it's lead. " I now knew where the dogs aggression came from in part. I had let go of the GSDs collar by this point, but Rocky was not for releasing his hold on the bigger dog. I started to twist Rockys collar, " something I would never do now" but he was not for relinquishing his hold, all this as i told the owner of the GSD, what a sensible chap he was and would he like to drop by for a chat and a drink sometime, NOT,even I would not write the profanities I used to that idiot that day. Rocky was almost unconscious by the time I had choked him enough to make him release his hold. " " Again never use this method to stop a fight between two dogs" This had taken place only yards from my home, so I got the Rock back home and checked him carefully, there were no puncture wounds, his eyes had once again taken on the look neutrality, and he actually looked quite pleased with himself. The offshoot of this incident was that never again could a GSD approach Rocky, whether with good intent or not, because of one fools actions a whole breed had been written off by Rocky as untrustworthy.
Hamstaff
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-05-2005, 06:59 PM
this is quite a common occurrance for some reason! I have had young SBTs attacked by adult strange dogs on more than one occasion. Someone once told me that it was because they could tell that the SBT was going to be a powerhouse, imposing dog!!! Probably nonsense but there might be something i it?
Sian
Housedog
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-05-2005, 07:09 PM
There is probably an element of truth there Sian, it happens in nature the young of powerfull predetors are often killed by lesser predetors before maturity.