Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bugzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-09-2009, 12:47 PM

BAD weather,

I dont know what its like in other parts of the country, but here in Lincolnshire the weather is awfull. It's blowing a gale here, and has only just stopped raining.
I let Meeka out earlier in the garden and the wind bowled her off her feet and down the patio

The others are not being sympathetic to her either, as I'm sure Aura was laughing at her through the window, and bugzy couldnt care less as he's sulking for england today because Bethany has gone back to school.
I darent take the little ones for a walk as I'm afraid the wind will lift them up and they will be like little kites on the ends of their leads

Even Aura is freaking out,which is unusual because she normally likes the rain and sticks her head out the patio doors trying to catch the rain. But because the wind is making things move and there is a lot of banging and crashing of bins outside she is refusing to go out.

Does anyone elses dogs freak out with bad weather? Or is it just my lot?
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2009, 12:52 PM
Hi Bugzy, Mo doesn't take a blind bit of notice of the weather which is probably just as well because our weather is as bad as yours.
Although it was dry and bright this morning it's now lashing down again.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2009, 12:56 PM
Nope. It was peeing down with rain and blowing a gale last night, but I still took the dogs around the block at about 10:30pm. They loved it.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2009, 12:59 PM
Its been chucking it down here. Me and the dogs got so wet this morning - we might as well have gone swimming.

The rain doesn't bother then but Stumpy and Tip don't like the wind when its really loud. Luckily it isn't too windy here (yet)...I can cope with either wind or rain but really don't like the two together!

(PS sorry, but I had such an image of you walking Bugzby and Meeka with them flying along like gorgeous wee kites!)
lotsforus
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-09-2009, 12:59 PM
I live in Devon and the weather has been bad here for a long time. The poor children asked the other day why is it called the summer holidays when its not summer!
They are back at school today poor things
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2009, 01:01 PM
We had a bit of rain this morning but it is sunny at the moment, a bit windy though!

Two of my B's ran for their 'dads' bed this morning when I got their coats out so I only took the other two this morning, it was great!
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2009, 01:07 PM
Haven't ventured out with Ivan yet. We are just getting showers but man are they heavy. Inches of rain falling at a time and gales too. Ivan isn't bothered a jot by the rain but he hates the wind. He will cling to my side when it's windy and will not step a paw outside to toilet if it's windy just forget it!!
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2009, 01:08 PM
The majority of the Chis hate the rain and bad weather. It's hard enough to get them to go out for a wee, let alone a walk! Apart from Bailey who likes playing splat the bubbles in the puddles on the patio daft dog!

Today though, the weather is very sunny and dry here in Essex but it is quite windy. We had lots of rain yesterday evening though, so perhaps it's moved on now to other parts (thankfully).
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2009, 01:49 PM
It's 30mph gale force winds and horizontal rain here....

The Boxers HATE it. I've never seen them toilet so quick! I won't even bother trying to walk them tonight, as I'd end up dragging 10 stone of dog down the pavement - not pleasant!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2009, 01:59 PM
It is chucking it down here and has been since first thing. I had arranged to meet a friend for a walk though, so we stuck to the woods and had an hour and a half ... got blooming soaked though, and the roads up here are more like rivers! My dogs don't mind the rain.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >