Our sister sites
Our sister sites
inneedofhelp
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-10-2005, 03:12 PM

molly

helpall
hi all i am looking for info on a pregnant dog who is about to drop her first litter.
i love her dearly and i want the best for her, i just dont want her to have any problems in the birth, she is a very healthy dog always well fed cleaned and loved and the vet told me she was having a phantom pregnancy, but low and behold she got fat and i took her back friday, and da da da she is pregnant, i only live in a small flat with 1 bedroom and i dont have a whelp room and my flat isnt big enough for it.
i have a bedroom and a few bits, i didnt plan it and it will not be happening again.
what does it look like when molly goes in to labour argh i am in real need of help not critisime...
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2005, 03:42 PM
Originally Posted by inneedofhelp
helpall
hi all i am looking for info on a pregnant dog who is about to drop her first litter.
i love her dearly and i want the best for her, i just dont want her to have any problems in the birth, she is a very healthy dog always well fed cleaned and loved and the vet told me she was having a phantom pregnancy, but low and behold she got fat and i took her back friday, and da da da she is pregnant, i only live in a small flat with 1 bedroom and i dont have a whelp room and my flat isnt big enough for it.
i have a bedroom and a few bits, i didnt plan it and it will not be happening again.
what does it look like when molly goes in to labour argh i am in real need of help not critisime...

I'm sure she will be fine My sisters Bichon got pregnant with her Yorkshire Terrier 10 years ago and the first my sister knew of it was when the pups started to arrive and she phoned me up and said there was a bag hanging out of Kims bottom and what should she do (I didn't have a clue either) so I got my dog book out and read her the bit about puppies down the phone. Kim had 4 beautiful puppies (2 boys and 2 girls) and it was her first pregnancy and she was 9 years old

Perhaps if you read through the thread on here where Shibby69's dog gave birth to puppies about 5 weeks ago and other dogwebbers helped her and she has some beautiful puppies that are five weeks old now.
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-10-2005, 03:44 PM
You don't need a whelping room but some sort of whelping box for her to give birth in and its also a place for the pupppies to live whilst there with you. Your bitch will spend most of her time in this box feeding and tending the pups so it needs to be quite large in a quiet part of your flat. Rather than explain about them I've found a picture..

The front of the box only had one strip of wood on so its easy for you to get in and help at the birth if needed but as the puppies grew so did the front side
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2005, 04:01 PM
aww anne thats such a cute piccy!!is that one of yours?
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-10-2005, 04:05 PM
Yeah stupid Harvey loved it in the whelping box
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2005, 04:09 PM
aww bless him!!hes soo cute!!
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2005, 04:13 PM
do you knoww who the dad is........you will need to make some space with a box like Anne has posted above
did the vet have any idea how many she is expecting? perhaps a scan would be helpful
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2005, 04:30 PM
http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/sear...tch&category0=

book of the bitch £8.99
inneedofhelp
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-10-2005, 04:38 PM
yes the dad is my other staffy kahn, bot pedigree and from very different litters..
inneedofhelp
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-10-2005, 04:38 PM
also said can tell but they know there is at leat 2 but possible a couple more not a lot i hope.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »