Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2011, 07:36 AM

Jamie Oliver 30 minute meals

Hi has anyone got this book and it is any good ? i have been watching the programmes and was quite impressed, can you really cook the meals in 30 minutes ? i suspect there is a lot of pre-prep involved ?
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2011, 07:43 AM
I had heard a while ago on TV or Radio that a group of people tried the recipes and they certainly took more than 30 mins from start to finish.
I personally wouldn't know though as I have never tried any of them but anything that gets dreaded cooking over and done with quickly has to be good in my book.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-06-2011, 08:07 AM
Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post
Hi has anyone got this book and it is any good ? i have been watching the programmes and was quite impressed, can you really cook the meals in 30 minutes ? i suspect there is a lot of pre-prep involved ?
If you have all the listed ingredients to hand, either in refrigerator, pantry or store cupboard, and if you have the appropriate utensils, and if you have good preparation skills, then yes, it really is possible.

However, as most of us do not quite meet the above criteria...

...the meals do take a bit longer.***

I do not have the book and the programme was not available here, but I have heard from people on various food forums who have all been discussing the recipes and who have said the above, so I accept their comments and feel confident enough to post them in response to your question.

***General consensus? Recipes good and accepting the above criteria, 30 minutes is pushing it a bit, but the meals can still be made in a reasonable amount of time and are still worth trying.
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2011, 09:15 AM
Thank you for your replies, i may try the book, i generally cook from scratch anyway but it would be nice to have some different things to eat, we tend to have the same things the whole time so i am looking for some new ideas !
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2011, 09:31 AM
i bought it for my mum and she loves it. some take longer than 30 minutes but she likes the food thats in it too id recomend it it has some nice food in