View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ulsterbabe
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-10-2007, 10:32 PM
she has always been like this with other dogs that she doesnt know just not with mums corgis before! mum has 3 corgis. honey who is 4, reuben who is also 4 and lady who is nearly a year old. When we go to mums she normally plays with Lady and Reuben would just watch over them like hes playin mum!! she was on the sofa playing with Lady and then out of the blue just leaped at Reuben and started attacking him for no reason! He just walked away and ignored her. I put her on her lead so I could correct the bad behaviour and she settled. Then all of a sudden again she started growling and tried to attack him again!!!

Its just so sudden that it has really knocked me for 6! if he had of turned on her he would have hurt her and I think that is scaring me more! if she does it on another dog who does turn then she could be seriously hurt!
ulsterbabe
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-10-2007, 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Collies can get very yappy when they are excited...have you tried distracting her from them? Instead of putting her onlead, run in the otehr direction and throw a ball and make YOU uch more interesting???
Where did you get her from? Did they mention dog aggression was an isue?
we got her from a rescue centre in castlewellan, co down. the lady never mentioned any aggressive streak in her otherwise i would have thought twice as i have young neices who stay with me and all my family have other dogs!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2007, 08:01 AM
I think I would be asking the rescue if it happened there and for a more detailed history...also looking into good training classes!!!!!
They must be big corgis!!!!!!!
ulsterbabe
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-10-2007, 09:30 AM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
I think I would be asking the rescue if it happened there and for a more detailed history...also looking into good training classes!!!!!
They must be big corgis!!!!!!!
my mumx corgi is a big boy!! he has a hugh head anh shoulders on him! he floored a boxer a couple of times! he just head butts them to the ground!!!
I have just contacted my vet this morning and he has given me the name of a behaviourist to contact to see if they can help.
The rescue centre said that she never growled or barked at another dog while she was with them. she said that it must be a new thing!!!!!!!!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2007, 08:57 PM
how are things going?
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

04-11-2007, 09:13 PM
Hi, I was going to ask how things were going as well. 'Tho definately no expert I can say our Bara (Rejected from her first home) was bit like this too. We didn't know what to do either and dog trainning isn't an option for us. But in the end we thought it was down to insecurity of a new home. Over time she changed, we thought it was when she finally decided this was her 'forever' home which took about 18 months to sink in.

Please don't despair, plan on a long haul, and if you have the luxory of a dog trainer or behaviourist then go, you've nothing to loose.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2