Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2011, 01:41 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
I'm sorry DB, my lunchbreak is well overdue to end, I will try and have a look tonight, but honestly, this thread keeps growing and growing, and I just can't keep up with it and answer all the questions individually I am afraid.

I think I will just have to resort to what I was doing before - posting regular bulletins.

Incidentally, OH reports another very successful and happy morning walk in this brilliant sunshine!
Thank you, I will check back later tonight then.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2011, 01:44 PM
We got Ben in June. When I actually added it up, I realised it is nearly 9 months ago

Maths was never my strong point, but go on, accuse me of lying now why don't you.
I didn’t say you were lying about that part, just that it had changed… but since you mention it, your story has changed an awful lot
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2011, 01:59 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
I have a few questions for you Gnasher..
In view of Ben's history and your 40 years of experience with dogs, do you think grabbing the collar of an abused /fearful dog who was likely to have very little trust in humans was the correct thing to do and what allowances were made for his past.

what steps did you take to introduce and integrate the dogs .

So if Ben didn't run away he always returned then. Why do you think he started to run off, what steps did you take to build trust with Ben an abused dog and to reinforce his returning to you..
what was suggested/what did you try/how did you know they wouldn't work.

.... and what a defeatists attitude particularly when you say at one stage Ben was ok off the lead. Why couldn't you do what other people do and let Ben off lead in secure contained areas where there is no stock. Why does it have to be all or nothing for this poor dog.

..you were so convinced the other methods would not work, why should the e collar be different? Is it because it offered the chance of a quick fix instead of hard work?

I am not surprised, Ben went to bite your husband so clearly there is little trust there and it would be natural for him to wish to escape humans who have caused him pain.
There are no 'exceptional circumstances' to Ben's behaviour that I can see or that you have told us about just a fearful abused dog who runs off. I have news for you Gnasher that is normal behaviour for many dogs and understandable for a dog like Ben. I personally don't believe an abused and fearful dog can have a behaviour permanently and successfully changed by a few carelessly administered painful shocks. I doubt we will get a true picture of the real consequences of your actions in any updates . You have previously admitted to twisting the truth to suit your needs and are unlikely to admit you are wrong, or to anything which doesn't fit in with your 'perception' of what happens to Ben.
I might be missing something (apologies - I don't have time to trawl through the whole thread just now) but can anyone tell me - was Ben shocked twice during a walk for running off, and has somehow stopped biting when his collar was pulled and fighting with Tai because of this?
crestnut
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-03-2011, 02:38 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
I might be missing something (apologies - I don't have time to trawl through the whole thread just now) but can anyone tell me - was Ben shocked twice during a walk for running off, and has somehow stopped biting when his collar was pulled and fighting with Tai because of this?
Sounds like it, shocked the wolf right out of him lol
crestnut
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-03-2011, 02:39 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Excellent. Once I know what stands I'm on and when, I'll let you know. Alternatively, just say hello and introduce yourself if you see us!

I'll be there in support of Pets As Therapy with Roxy - my crazy rescue dog who was trained by me using positive methods after being blitzed with an electric shock collar and is now a different dog.

See you there!
Hey Could ya keep the collar on him that day so ya can shock me as it will save me using ma hair straighteners lol
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2011, 02:42 PM
Originally Posted by tazer View Post
I'll be there Saturday.
Maybe see you then? Ill be showing and on the DD stand in the morning.
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2011, 02:50 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Excellent. Once I know what stands I'm on and when, I'll let you know. Alternatively, just say hello and introduce yourself if you see us!

I'll be there in support of Pets As Therapy with Roxy - my crazy rescue dog who was trained by me using positive methods after being blitzed with an electric shock collar and is now a different dog.

See you there!
But ecollars couldn't possibly cause damage, after all Gnasher says they don't hurt. Wonder how they work then, must be bloody magic.

wWill look out for you, if I don't find out exactly where you'll be.
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2011, 03:13 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Maybe see you then? Ill be showing and on the DD stand in the morning.
If you're on dd in the morning, then you'll definitely get a visit from me. I dare say you'll see me coming, most people do, think its the silver boots that tend to give me away.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2011, 03:52 PM
Seeing as Zeff is indesputably part Saarloos, or entire Saarloos (sorry Tassle, I've forgotten which!), then of course he is a wolf cross. Why the joking?
Rot---he is a DOG-----he is certainly different from a collie---but then so is a springer, then a foxhound is different again. And don't get me started on Pekes

Your whole attititude is a joke (or it would be if it wasn't so sad).

Poor Ben, shame you couldn't have found him a decent home where he wasn't going to be challenged and could cope with more realistic expectations.

Thank goodness you don't have a dog lilke Zeff or Tupac----no way would you have the patience or understanding to deal with them.

rune
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2011, 03:55 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
what about answering my questions?
I thought you werent noticing my posts but you noticed that one lol

If Zeff if part Saarloos then he is a dog not a wolf and so he would be able to be trained as a dog surely? (without an e-collar, which of course wolves dont use on their young)
Spot on---he is a dog with an interesting look----I have to say I never expected him to end up like he has done.

Be interesting to see pics of Gnashers dogs---I must have missed them before.

rune
Closed Thread
Page 80 of 83 « First < 30 70 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 >