Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2011, 08:54 PM
Originally Posted by Moonstone View Post
Close it, the OP seems determined to stay on this path , rejecting offers of help, and advice from others, I can't see the point of it staying open.

Her mind is clearly made up ,and resolute that this is the right way, even though many have offered suggestions, and how they manage the same situation, without ever having to resort to an E Collar.

The OP considers the use of long lines cruel, and yet is okay with shocking her dog. Thinks she has cured her dog, after using the E Collar in a very haphazard way, with no proper training in place. It makes disturbing reading IMO.
Why should I want any help, when everything is going so swimmingly well? When we have not had to vibrate or "shock" Ben for well over 1 week?

I just cannot understand why NONE of you can actually be BIG enough to say that just MAYBE, I could be right.

Will you continue on this blinkered line of thinking if we are still in the same situatiion in, say, 6 months time? How long does it have to take before you would admit that I may well have a point, and you are wrong?

I have already promised that I will be the first to confess is we have any negative news. But so far, there just is not any I'm afraid.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2011, 08:56 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Head = brick wall. I despair.

I've more or less said all I have to say now.

If you weren't so far away from me, we could've met up.

If you're near the NEC you're welcome to come and say hello to me and Roxy as we'll be there as part of Pets As Therapy on Saturday and Sunday.
Thanx, did you mean this Saturday and Sunday? If you meant next Saturday and Sunday, Saturday I have a very important date with my hairdresser - I have had to wait MONTHS for him - but Sunday could be a possibility?
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2011, 08:59 PM
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
Gnasher, did you try it on your neck or your arm? You mention a "bare-armed human" so I presume arm? Different parts of the body feel pain differently - ask anyone who's had tattoos in different places, for example. I still stick by the fact that you can't tell your dog's pain threshold or whether the pain they feel is more or less than us but I would say at least use a comparable body part.
I tried it on my forearm, below the elbow. Where would you like me to try it? Inner thigh? Back of the knee, no thinking about it not there, I have got very dodgy knees, but you name it, I'll try it ... within reason of course!!

I cannot feel for my dog of course, but with a double wolf coat that he has, it is virtually impossible to see bare skin, and this definitely reduces the effect of the collar, as described on the instruction leaflet. By the way, somebody asked what make it is, it is the top level Dogtra.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2011, 09:00 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
Thanx, did you mean this Saturday and Sunday? If you meant next Saturday and Sunday, Saturday I have a very important date with my hairdresser - I have had to wait MONTHS for him - but Sunday could be a possibility?
I'm there both this coming Saturday and Sunday, so if you're free on Sunday at some point then
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2011, 09:03 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
I'm there both this coming Saturday and Sunday, so if you're free on Sunday at some point then
I can't promise, because my life is so unpredictable, but I will try - I'll be the tall, fat old'un with immaculate hair (thanx to the AMAZING hairdresser!), being dragged totally out of control by a wolfie-looking mutt with an abused, hangdog expression and his coat standing on end because of all the zappings he has suffered!!!
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2011, 09:04 PM
Why should I want any help, when everything is going so swimmingly well? When we have not had to vibrate or "shock" Ben for well over 1 week?

I just cannot understand why NONE of you can actually be BIG enough to say that just MAYBE, I could be right.

Will you continue on this blinkered line of thinking if we are still in the same situatiion in, say, 6 months time? How long does it have to take before you would admit that I may well have a point, and you are wrong?

I have already promised that I will be the first to confess is we have any negative news. But so far, there just is not any I'm afraid.

I am never going to admit I am wrong and you are right, because you crossed a line, that IMO should never be crossed, and one I would never cross with my own dogs Gnasher.

I have a dog just like Ben, the difference is I don't train with pain.

I think you do need help, if you are so out of your depth you have resorted to using an E Collar, and shocking your dog, then IMO you should not have the crossbreed you have. I find it fascinating that so many people have a dog just like yours, and none of them use an E Collar.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2011, 09:05 PM
I can't promise, because my life is so unpredictable, but I will try - I'll be the tall, fat old'un with immaculate hair (thanx to the AMAZING hairdresser!), being dragged totally out of control by a wolfie-looking mutt with an abused, hangdog expression and his coat standing on end because of all the zappings he has suffered!!!
If you're coming inside to Crufts, you obviously won't be allowed to take your dogs in.......
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2011, 09:06 PM
Im there on sunday too,
You cant bring dogs in.
Me & nic can zap you in the loo!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2011, 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
Im there on sunday too,
You cant bring dogs in.
Me & nic can zap you in the loo!
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2011, 09:09 PM

No never, because i just believe in "training"
& what that , & time & work , can give a dog & owner.

I would never use a ecollar. I dont beiileve in the principal.

I believe they CAN work, but not at the costs or results i would ever want
Closed Thread
Page 73 of 83 « First < 23 63 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 > Last »