Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2011, 04:08 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Rot---he is a DOG-----he is certainly different from a collie---but then so is a springer, then a foxhound is different again. And don't get me started on Pekes

Your whole attititude is a joke (or it would be if it wasn't so sad).

Poor Ben, shame you couldn't have found him a decent home where he wasn't going to be challenged and could cope with more realistic expectations.

Thank goodness you don't have a dog lilke Zeff or Tupac----no way would you have the patience or understanding to deal with them.

rune
exactly
It really bugs me the number of people who get a breed, know what the breed/cross is all about and then moan that something like recal is so difficult and we couldnt possibly know
Every breed has its own challanges, and most people who rescue will also know about the challanges taking on a rescue (like the honeymoon period - where a dog MIGHT have perfect recal or all sorts of things but then things change a little once they settle down into the home. for a dog with a traumatic past I would expect to still be learning about the dog and his temprament changind for a good 6 months to a year - and then many people talk about dogs becoming v puppy like once they suddenly realise they are safe to relax - this also means personality traits can change some more - and you can get teenage behaviours like hit and miss recal - where many people have to resort to long line and training again till the dog gets past that some more)

IF you get a breed/cross that you KNOW is likely to have an issue with recal.chasing whatever - then dont come crying that you have something amazingly different and totaly difficult, that is part and parcel of the dog you love - good points AND challanges
bint
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-03-2011, 04:19 PM
Been away for a few days and don't have time to read all of the recent posts so can someone tell me if Gnasher answered the question several of us asked - did she try the collar on herself?
Thanks
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2011, 05:30 PM
Originally Posted by crestnut View Post
Hey Could ya keep the collar on him that day so ya can shock me as it will save me using ma hair straighteners lol

Just in case, it wasn't me who used such a barbaric tool on my dog - it was her previous owners! Just wanted to clear that up and make sure you knew it wasn't me!!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2011, 05:42 PM
Originally Posted by tazer View Post
If you're on dd in the morning, then you'll definitely get a visit from me. I dare say you'll see me coming, most people do, think its the silver boots that tend to give me away.
LOL! I take my sunglasses!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2011, 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Rot---he is a DOG-----he is certainly different from a collie---but then so is a springer, then a foxhound is different again. And don't get me started on Pekes

Your whole attititude is a joke (or it would be if it wasn't so sad).

Poor Ben, shame you couldn't have found him a decent home where he wasn't going to be challenged and could cope with more realistic expectations.

Thank goodness you don't have a dog lilke Zeff or Tupac----no way would you have the patience or understanding to deal with them.

rune
The thinking they have Wolf in them makes her feel better. Makes them "special" They are dogs, nothing more nothing less, and even if they werent, you shouldnt be zapping them to suppress something you have encouraged yourself. The saddest thing of all though, is now, after 80 odd pages, she still knows she is right. I wish Ben were somewhere else.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2011, 05:52 PM
Hey Could ya keep the collar on him that day so ya can shock me as it will save me using ma hair straighteners lol
Your hair already looks like its been zapped!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2011, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
I might be missing something (apologies - I don't have time to trawl through the whole thread just now) but can anyone tell me - was Ben shocked twice during a walk for running off, and has somehow stopped biting when his collar was pulled and fighting with Tai because of this?
Sounds like it, shocked the wolf right out of him lol
Hmmm - how is that supposed to work then? Shock for recall fixes everything?
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2011, 07:17 PM
Another brilliant day, according to OH.

Both morning and afternoon walks were exemplary
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2011, 07:20 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
I might be missing something (apologies - I don't have time to trawl through the whole thread just now) but can anyone tell me - was Ben shocked twice during a walk for running off, and has somehow stopped biting when his collar was pulled and fighting with Tai because of this?
The dog just seems to have finally settled, it may be coincidence, it may be connected to the two stims he has had.

Frankly, I don't care what caused what, as long as boys are happy and getting along well and enjoying life, which they are.

Can't ask for more than that
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2011, 07:22 PM
I'm sorry, this thread is now 10 pages longer than when I had a quick look in my lb. There is no way I can even begin to answer all your questions. If anyone has a specific question, could they please copy and paste it into a pm, I'm sorry but I've only just got back from a long day, I'm downing a glass of vino and then going to bed.

I am not using avoidance tactics, just cannot cope with what are undoubtedly a load of questions!
Closed Thread
Page 81 of 83 « First < 31 71 78 79 80 81 82 83 >