View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jessi Clark
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2011, 02:56 PM
Yep, a lady is quite often walking up our lane as I'm taking the dogs out on a morning and she always comments if I've only got one rather than both. Several people have commented since we've got Griffin on how we now have two gorgeous boys, I have no clue who any of these people have been but I've obviously bumped into them with Chester pre-Griffin! Then we went down to a park last week and bumped into a lady who commented that this must be the famous black setter she's been hearing so much about , we really don't go there much so Griffin must have made an impression on someone!! I'm also rubbish at recognising people sans dogs and if I remember them at all I often can't recall their name and I'm a guilty party of the referring to people Bells dad or Gracies mum too. Just remembered there's a little girl who we often walk past on a morning and she always say to her mum that I'm the lady with the shiny dogs!
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2011, 05:45 PM
Hee hee - yes, happens to me too

I often get a comment if I take one of them out without the other as I do like to give them one-to-one walks and training at times. People are like where's other 'un lass?
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2011, 06:33 PM
It's hubby who is the dog walker here and more than once we have been in Sainsburys/Morrisons/B&Q and been stoppped by some strange woman who recognises him. Good job I'm so understanding

He was always known as Mo's dad because she was so distinctive and always howled a welcome to everyone, hound owners will understand what I mean!
He is now Pepsi's dad but he is still meeting people who ask "where's Mo"
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2011, 09:42 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
It's hubby who is the dog walker here and more than once we have been in Sainsburys/Morrisons/B&Q and been stoppped by some strange woman who recognises him. Good job I'm so understanding

He was always known as Mo's dad because she was so distinctive and always howled a welcome to everyone, hound owners will understand what I mean!
He is now Pepsi's dad but he is still meeting people who ask "where's Mo"
Yes- know exactly what you mean! If we take the dogs out and I want to pop into a shop and Jamie is waiting outside with the dogs when I come out Jamie is always surrounded by all these strange women! He always says they are talking to him about Cherry and Parker but I have my suspicions sometimes!

I shouldn't joke about this as my friend didn't know her husband was having an affair but he said he was walking their dog when he was actually meeting another woman. If only they could talk eh.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2011, 09:43 PM
my dogs are often known before me lol
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2011, 09:47 PM
Yes, even on the way to work I have been asked where are the dogs? At the checkouts at sainsburys a tap on the arm..."you're the woman with those gorgeous dogs aren't you, you go over **** ***** woods?" Yes thats me.... though I think they remember me for having 4 delinquents really!!
WildAcre Rescue
New Member!
Female 

12-03-2011, 10:09 PM
Many people have referred to me as 'dog lady' lol and with fostering there often like 'ooh so what do you have at home now' frightening to think i have no idea who these people are!
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4