View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2011, 06:03 PM
I know people for their dogs - I knows perhaps 75% of the dogs on my parent's local parks. I don't generally know the owners except for that.

I don't know if I am known for my dogs - I don't walk them unless we go somewhere interesting or my OH is busy. He only takes them round the same estate - I take them to exciting places and long walks, and on short night walks.

At my parents though, everyone knows Sadie and everyone knows she isn't really mine.
nddogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-03-2011, 06:18 PM
I'm starting to be known for always being out walking them....... if some one sees me with out any dogs they ask if I'm going down to walk others dogs, when people repeatedly see me with dogs they start to ask if I'm the local dog walker, which I knid of am starting to become and keep getting more people ask if I'll walk theirs dog(s).
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2011, 06:21 PM
I'm known as the "lady" with the collies that trains over the fields!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2011, 06:32 PM
I am known as " the whippet lady "

Was once phoned by someone I didn't even know and was asked to take one .
I did take her and still have her !
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2011, 07:27 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
I said to Clive only the other day, I speak to loads of people when out walking the dogs but when I see them without dogs and they say hello I haven't a clue who they are, and I expect there are a few who wonder who I am if I have recognised them and said hello but they don't recognise me...it makes you feel such a fool.

The other thing is, although I know some of the owners names, I usually talk about them as Harriets mummy or Murphy's dad...I wonder if they call me Henry's mum
Yes I know exactly what you mean! Jamie can't understand this and thinks it very strange we know each other by the dog's and not the owner's name!
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2011, 07:39 PM
haha, yes I cant go out without him without someone asking where he is, sometimes when I'm out walking with him people will say 'you walk that dog a a lot, dont you' so I suppose they must notice us walking around.... or times when people comment on him and I think when/where did you see him?
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2011, 07:42 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
I said to Clive only the other day, I speak to loads of people when out walking the dogs but when I see them without dogs and they say hello I haven't a clue who they are, and I expect there are a few who wonder who I am if I have recognised them and said hello but they don't recognise me...it makes you feel such a fool.

The other thing is, although I know some of the owners names, I usually talk about them as Harriets mummy or Murphy's dad...I wonder if they call me Henry's mum
haha, yes thats how I think of them too. Ive actually walked right past people and then thought oh thats so-and-so's Mum but didnt recognise without the dog
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2011, 10:57 PM
Yes......everyone knows our dogs!! I think it's because we have 5 and lots of people know us as the greyhound couple!!
cravencraven
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-03-2011, 11:32 PM
A lot of people I meet where I walk most days have heard of Craven before they have met him.
This is because being a hound he has a habit of disappearing on walks sometimes.and has been found by a few people in a variety of places,He has got a lot better but his reputation has gone before him and consequently me aswell.
Everyone seems to know his name,and usually greet us with 'ahh so this is Craven,I have heard so much about him.'
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2011, 02:54 AM
I find, more often, that Dahlia is known while I'm not. I have people I've never met before saying hello to her (she must have met them while out on a walk with my partner).
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >