Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-02-2011, 01:44 PM
So sorry sweetheart.. I have told Conan to say hello from you to Lulu... xxx
anna0000
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-02-2011, 09:52 PM
Really sorry for your loss. I lost my westie I had , had over 14 years last november, she was my baby I loved her so much. I also found it hard that she wasn't sleeping in her bed anymore near mine and was in the garden alone.I know what your going through, it's getting better now but I can never forget her x
Sprollie 2
New Member!
Female 

23-02-2011, 12:51 PM
My heart goes out to you, RIP Lulu you'll be loved forever.
xxx
Ollies mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-02-2011, 09:00 PM
4 weeks today since we lost our Lulu
Thanks again for all your support-cant tell you how much it has helped me
Woke up today feeling a bit more positive,the sunshine helped a bit ,too.( till I went out in the garden to a place where I had had to move lots of pots so Lulu could lie down in the shade!!!!)

Another good thing today was that our "dementia dog" Buster had a lie in-6 a.m,which was great,as much for him as for us.He had a really bad night a few nights ago and was up at 1 .30 a.m. This was followed by a very restless day.I didnt know what to do-whether we were being fair on him whether he had had enough etc
Thanks to anyone who has replied to my post about dementia-your advice and experience has been really helpful

But I feel so sad again now-its 4 weeks today that Lulu died -this was her last night with us and I find myself looking at the clock and thinking-this time 4 weeks ago we were....
Ive had days where the loss of her wasnt in my head too much-and then I felt guilty as if I didnt care-I know thats stupid ,but I know I can say this here because many of you will have felt the same.
I know what Id reply to a post like this and God bless you all for all the replies youve given,.some of what youve told me of your experiences have really helped me .

I am trying to be positive and remember happy times with Lulu
I took Buster out for a long walk today.Alan often took him out and I would take Lulu-Ive only taken Buster out once since Lulu died and then I was crying in the rain and people were looking at me as if I was a bit of a nutter.

It made me sad too as it was where I walked Lulu and there was a field where she would always want to eat the long grass,which grew through the fence .I found myself stopping there,till I realised I had Buster with me ,not her.

P.s
Buster really enjoyed the walk and settled down afterwards for a while.So I sat with him -(its like having a new baby and fitting in having a rest while they are asleep.)
I put on a film to watch and guess what -it featured a family where the mother has dementia-how unlucky am I?

Apologies to those of you who have P.M.d me -will reply to you ,I promise,
Ive posted about Buster and dementia on the Health Section-
Ill go now ,Buster just been here-he walks between my legs and the computer desk,around the back of chair,between my legs and the computer desk.......on the bed,off the bed etc.
But when he wags his tail when you come in-he`s like the same Buster we brought home with Lulu 14 yrs ago and I dont want to say good bye to him while weve still got hope

Thanks to you all again and my love to all of you who are going through really bad times with your pets and doing your very best for them,which is,I know all we can do
from Maureen
plus Buster(dog with dementia),Rigsby,14,Dougal ,14and little Ollie,only 6,our cats -they were up here today with me and asked me to make sure I sent you their love!!!!!
P.S Sorry for this being such a long post-I know youll all understand
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2011, 10:50 PM
Aw Maureen. It's ok to feel this way. I'm still pining for Holly and it's been months and also for Bessie
I'm so glad you're getting the support on here hun. PM me if you need anything xxxxx
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2011, 11:35 AM
R.I.P Lulu xx
anna0000
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-02-2011, 11:48 PM
I know so much what your going through even now 3 months on, I can feel ok then suddenly something reminds me of molly etc. I have only been up the garden past where she is buried once and that was only because I had to. I just can't do it, I still find it hard to look at her pictures but I feel so guilty because I don't want to ever forget her. There are places I used to go with her places she would sit in the house and garden, all remind me. Sorry I hope I'm not going on. I just want to say your not alone, so many people are going through it with you and are here. Also I hope things are going ok with Buster x. It sounds like he's happy.
foxychic
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-02-2011, 11:52 PM
Wow i so feel your pain xxx . Your lovely lulu was lucky to have such a wondefull family . Our dogs and cats are part of our family , they get our love and give us so much back .lIFE CHANGEING xx
Greyhoundlover
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-02-2011, 03:07 PM
I am so sorry to hear of the the loss of your special girl Lulu.

We too have recently lost beloved companions, (2 in a 7 week period)and although a few months ago, do truly understand how you feel.

Lulu was a very lucky girl to have had such caring and devoted owners, and you gave her such a loving and dignified end, you could have done no better. She has left you with many wonderful memories, which in time will be of comfort to you.
Please feel free to pm if you need to, and in the meantime, you will be in our thoughts.x
Ollies mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-03-2011, 09:16 PM
Having a bad time-thanks to all who have supported me the last 6 weeks,after we lost Lulu-cant belieev its that long

our dog Buster-who has dementia ,God love him,was barking -I was upstairs-not on here -hadnt been on here for a while have flitted between here and other forums as I didnt feel I could handle anything too heavy,if you know what I mean.
I came down and he was wagging his tail at me- I went to the treat jar to give him a chew and went to see where Lulu was she was always lying upside down behind the curtains to give her a chew -
Then it suddenly hit me -it was so sudden and so awful --that she wasnt there or anywhere in the house .I felt so guilty then that Id not felt like this for a while.I started to cry,which I havent done for a few days-feel guilty about that that-then I went outside to talk to her and put the lights on where is she is- my O/H doesnt do that-unless I ask him t!!!!!

my O.h told me not to come on here 1 night last week after someone had contacted me and I had replied to them -they were feeling just like me

He doesnt "do emotions"-long story ,though he loves all our pets and tonight after my telling him that I was upset .

REALLY upset,he did anything to change the subject- even to blaming me for the way things were.
So I came up here and Im here now and I know that he wont say anything to make me feel better.
Thank you again for all your support
from Maureen
Page 6 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >