Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SBT
Dogsey Junior
Male 

25-09-2006, 06:04 AM
Baby dies after Rottweiler attack !
You can have you say on the bbc web site, I most sertenley have, the media have a lot to answer for on matters matters such as these.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/l...5375520.stm?ls
Doggydina
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-09-2006, 06:35 AM
Originally Posted by SBT View Post
Baby dies after Rottweiler attack !
You can have you say on the bbc web site, I most sertenley have, the media have a lot to answer for on matters matters such as these.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/l...5375520.stm?ls
i agree, had my say too. hate the media for the way they give dogs a bad name ! !
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2006, 06:57 AM
Oh I gave GMTV a piece of my mind too this morning

Why do the media have to 'scaremonger' all the time. How many times have they reported that a child has been attacked by a Westie or a Yorkie? None that i know of, maybe cos it doesn't scare people.

The problem with the media scaremongering is that they are actually encouraging the irresponsible owners to go and get one of the 'dangerous' breeds eg Rottie, Dobe, SBT etc and when they find that they are not as 'dangerous' as the media have made them out to be they throw them away or abuse them and they end up in rescue
ste.n.steph
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-09-2006, 10:44 AM
skynews are put a thing on for having your say, i have already posted on it!!
i posted on bbc but they havent put my posts up, guess they dont like people defending the dogs!
paulabgv
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-09-2006, 10:53 AM
I feel sorry for the couple and the baby it's a huge tragedy. I've just heard that the couple were looking after the pub while the the landlords were on holiday. Apparently the landlords are the baby's grandparents.

I also feel sorry for the bad press that rotties will probably get now. Already with that one saying they might have to rehome their dog it seems that the panic has set in. The rescue homes must be bracing themselves for the onslaught. A huge tragedy all round.
ste.n.steph
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-09-2006, 10:55 AM
i dont feel sorry for the parents, i feel sorry for the baby and the dogs.
where were the parents when this happened??? how did they get into the pub in the first place and how would a dog get a baby out of a cot??
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2006, 12:49 PM
Originally Posted by ste.n.steph View Post
i dont feel sorry for the parents, i feel sorry for the baby and the dogs.
where were the parents when this happened??? how did they get into the pub in the first place and how would a dog get a baby out of a cot??

I do not feel it is fair to point a finger at anyone ( even more so the babys parents ) no one knows what happend yet.
As other peeps have said the media can cause a lot of problems with storys that are not factual. The police could be looking at third party involvment, someone with a grudge! opened a door that should not be opened? there are so many things that could have happend!!!
I do not think we should point the finger at anyone, why is it that peeps need to blame one person or dog .......

sometimes terrible accidents do still ocasionaly happen and no one is to blame

PLEASE PLEASE remember that the parents of this child have paid the highest cost for any error made, they have just lost there baby girl and it would not help them to think that they are being blamed on forums such as these

It is sad that the american attitude of blame and sueing has firmly took hold in U.K
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2006, 12:55 PM
Heard a very interesting interview with Jan Ferrell on my local radio station this morning about this - she was right in everything she said imo!

She said there are 3 victims here. We leave our dogs in charge on their own and praise them when they do something good, but scold them if they do bad, and yet dogs are not capable of making decisions. We are to blame for thinking that they can. Dogs should never be left in charge to make decisions - guard dogs should have a handler with them at all times, in order that the dog can warn the owner/handler of imminent danger, but certainly not to make a decision as to what to do about it, that is the job of the handler.

She was speaking for about half an hour and she made a lot of sense to me.
kyektulu
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2006, 01:00 PM
Your 100% right wufflehoond, it will be the owners fault, not the dogs and now the dogs have been 'destroyed' (murdered if you ask me) because of how they were raised.

Keeping the Rottweilers on the roof!

That says everything about how responsible the owners are for a start!

A friend of mine used to own a Rottweiler, she is was the sweetest thing you can imagine.

I firmly believe that it is the dog owners who should be punished for this horrendous crime, not the dogs, it isnt thier fault, after all they were owning doing what they were trained to do...

If a human had done something like this they would be imprisoned and re-habilitated, why cant the dogs?
KatieB_23
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-09-2006, 01:09 PM
Originally Posted by dougiepit View Post
I do not feel it is fair to point a finger at anyone ( even more so the babys parents ) no one knows what happend yet.
As other peeps have said the media can cause a lot of problems with storys that are not factual. The police could be looking at third party involvment, someone with a grudge! opened a door that should not be opened? there are so many things that could have happend!!!
I do not think we should point the finger at anyone, why is it that peeps need to blame one person or dog .......

sometimes terrible accidents do still ocasionaly happen and no one is to blame

PLEASE PLEASE remember that the parents of this child have paid the highest cost for any error made, they have just lost there baby girl and it would not help them to think that they are being blamed on forums such as these

It is sad that the american attitude of blame and sueing has firmly took hold in U.K
Very good point. None of us know the full details yet... what we have actually been told by the media seems to have vital gaps missing... HOW did the dogs get to the baby??

Can I just ask, people on the news are calling for Rotties to be but on the dangerous dogs register... what will this specifically mean??
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >