View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Barbara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2004, 04:23 AM
If it's a dog you really love and want, I guess it's worth the wait. At least the breeder socializes it. I pictured a dog in a strange kennel with no love and affection. I guess it's not so bad

Thanks for your compliments on Tigger's collar. I can't get the detail to show in pictures, but the round medallions on it have a really neat emblems of old fashioned looking dogs with these round designs worked in. It's from Old Tyme collars.

Tigger is three.
Alohacorso
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-05-2004, 07:21 AM
Barbara, my cc's where quarantined with the youngest still having another two months before she gets paroled...I mean released lol. I was very apprehensive about them having to go into such a long quarantine but it turned out to be ok. People visit their pets and then if you happen to not be there on that particular day, they visit yours and vice versa. In fact I just came back from seeing Miki today and when we arrived there was a nice couple playing with her. They have a Chow next door to us. We usually stay for the entire 4 1/2 hours allotted for visiting time and I go around and visit with my favorites. Also, the staff are very good about taking care of your pets. So, they are socialized, although on a smaller scale than would normally be, and they are surrounded but many sites and sounds and other dogs. Mana and Maui came out with no problems at all. Maui had a couple of accidents in the house (we had only had him partially housetrained when we first got him then it was off to quarantine) but that's about it. He was sleeping in his crate at night with the door closed but for the past two days he has been allowed to keep it open, so far so good.

Sorry for such a long post but I just wanted to share that the experience need not be so bad. I am just happy that we can visit with them almost everyday (closed on Mon. and Fri.).
Alohacorso
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-05-2004, 07:30 AM
Your dogs are very beautiful!!
Barbara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2004, 03:34 PM
Thanks
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2