Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

21-11-2016, 09:28 PM
Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post
I've walked the dog three times
You must be a lot fitter than me Our two are lucky if they get two walks in a day, normally one of maybe 3 miles give or take a mile
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

21-11-2016, 09:29 PM
Well must go and do some chores, goodnight all
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-11-2016, 09:53 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
You must be a lot fitter than me Our two are lucky if they get two walks in a day, normally one of maybe 3 miles give or take a mile
Have you seen the dog??

Who couldn't love that handsome chap with the happy face?

We do two long walks, each an hour. Then a couple or three local ones that take around 30 minutes each. Even at three miles an hour that's nine miles. The dog, Max, is off the lead so wanders up and down trails, in and out of the woods, and is out of sight quite a lot. So he does a lot more miles than I do.

Am I fit? Well, I'm seventy years old so I suppose I'm doing OK for my age. And that's one of the reasons we got the dog. Keeps me active.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-11-2016, 10:26 PM
Nice companion you have there Besoeker, he'll keep you active, right enough!
Bad evening here as a couple of local reservoirs had burst their banks, roads are closed all the way down the valley and several bridges out. The flooding is far worse than at any time during last winter. I just hope it is only our area and not some of the others up this end who suffered so badly previously. The Mem and I have been down to the village to see if anyone is needing help and have come back with a farm collie who was running around soaked to the skin and terrified. He is now installed in an old stable having been duly dried off. We left him with food and water and a nice deep straw bed, when we looked in on him 10 mins ago he was curled up in the straw and the food was gone. He stayed curled up and just lifted his head - looked at us for a couple of seconds and then went back to sleep. We'll leave him now until the morning and put the word round that we have taken him in, he must belong to someone as apart from being so wet and frightened he is in reasonable condition.
We are well over 600 feet above sea level here so no chance of floods for us personally, but when we got home a third of the house lights were off and there was a steady drip of water from one of the chandeliers at the top of the main staircase, further investigation reveals a leak which is coming out at the lowest point having run down a beam. I've isolated the ceiling fitting and installed a new fuse in the appropriate board and now all is functioning safely. So tomorrow it will be roofers and electricians to deal with. Goodness knows where the leak is coming from as you could easily get lost on our roof. I've certainly no intention of tackling that job myself, I value my miserable skin too much! lol !
Back later - bye fer now.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2016, 10:46 PM
Besoeker he's a gorgeous boy
LG sounds dreadful down your way, glad you found that collie & that he is safe & dry. Hope you get the leak sorted in your roof quickly
Rain has eased here finally, fingers crossed its a bit lighter tomorrow so I can get Rosie out a proper walk- fingers crossed
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-11-2016, 10:54 PM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
Nice companion you have there Besoeker, he'll keep you active, right enough!
Bad evening here as a couple of local reservoirs had burst their banks, roads are closed all the way down the valley and several bridges out. The flooding is far worse than at any time during last winter. I just hope it is only our area and not some of the others up this end who suffered so badly previously. The Mem and I have been down to the village to see if anyone is needing help and have come back with a farm collie who was running around soaked to the skin and terrified. He is now installed in an old stable having been duly dried off. We left him with food and water and a nice deep straw bed, when we looked in on him 10 mins ago he was curled up in the straw and the food was gone. He stayed curled up and just lifted his head - looked at us for a couple of seconds and then went back to sleep. We'll leave him now until the morning and put the word round that we have taken him in, he must belong to someone as apart from being so wet and frightened he is in reasonable condition.
We are well over 600 feet above sea level here so no chance of floods for us personally, but when we got home a third of the house lights were off and there was a steady drip of water from one of the chandeliers at the top of the main staircase, further investigation reveals a leak which is coming out at the lowest point having run down a beam. I've isolated the ceiling fitting and installed a new fuse in the appropriate board and now all is functioning safely. So tomorrow it will be roofers and electricians to deal with. Goodness knows where the leak is coming from as you could easily get lost on our roof. I've certainly no intention of tackling that job myself, I value my miserable skin too much! lol !
Back later - bye fer now.
What a lovely story about the collie you found and took care of.

Reservoirs bursting their banks is not good news and your philanthopic gesture concerning the village ought to be commended.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-11-2016, 10:55 PM
Thank goodness he was lucky enough to find you LG. Poor old boy,I bet his family are besides themseves with worry.It'll be a lovely reunion when you track them down and tell them he is safe.
There's no flood warnings as such here, river is high but not that high - yet. I just wish they had cleared the debris when I warned them about it, if it gets stuck under the bridge now disaster will be on the cards.
My friend works for a roofing company and they had to take the phones off the hook in the end today. No one could work in it,they had a couple of blokes going round doing estimates but until things dry up a little there isn't a lot they can do really.Hoping it gets sorted pretty soon, and at least you have the ability to rectify the problem to some extent, although going up on the roof in this is just not feasible really.
Going to get girls breakfasts ready for the morning, check on them, then a long soak as my back is hurting after the painting session today. Girls not moved all night, I've popped out a couple of times but not even a head stuck out to see what I want
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2016, 11:25 PM
Hope the soak helps TW, please be careful
Goodnight everyone
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-11-2016, 11:34 PM
Originally Posted by Mandyuk1 View Post
Besoeker he's a gorgeous boy
Thank you kindly Mandy. I'll let him know....................
Slightly more seriously, he is a big, gentle, and friendly fellow. And behaves so well in public.

We have a 50 mile round trip tomorrow. While my sweet wife is seeing the osteopath I'll maybe go to my old office and do the meet and greet. Then a long walk in the big park there. Cassiobury Park.

We'll probably have a loal pub lunch before heading home.
Max will just flop down under the table. No fuss.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2016, 12:19 AM
Aww that's fab, glad he's a good boy too. He looks it
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >