Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Navajo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-01-2010, 10:28 AM

Adverts

Why do so many adverts with showing bred dogs say that none of the litter of for sale to showing homes? Pet homes only.
Wheaten mad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2010, 12:22 PM
It could be for many reasons - Because the litter that they have bred, they don't believe is good enough to be shown. Or because if they keep a puppy, they don't want the competition from other puppies out the same litter who are of similar type etc
Navajo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-01-2010, 04:13 PM
It's definitely not because the pups don't have potential in the ring and if it's the latter then that attitude stinks!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2010, 04:41 PM
I`m not sure that proviso is enforceable TBH. If you buy the dog, it`s your dog.
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2010, 05:12 PM
Lots of breeders want pet homes, but don't mind if the owners show but will specify pet homes as not seling as breeding anuimals...
Navajo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-01-2010, 08:31 PM
Originally Posted by Muddiwarx View Post
Lots of breeders want pet homes, but don't mind if the owners show but will specify pet homes as not seling as breeding anuimals...
Completely understand that, that's good! My boss puts endorsments on her pups but alot won't allow the pups to go to showing homes - nothing to do with breeding from them. As a breeder I'd have thought they'd be pleased for them to go to showing homes.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2010, 04:25 PM
Originally Posted by Navajo View Post
Completely understand that, that's good! My boss puts endorsments on her pups but alot won't allow the pups to go to showing homes - nothing to do with breeding from them. As a breeder I'd have thought they'd be pleased for them to go to showing homes.
i think its because they believe the puppy cant be shown due to a fault or something that the breeder thinks would knock them. for instance my boyfriend bought a puppy from the same place i got mine from. mine can be shown, his dog from another litter cant be shown. he is overshot and would get nowhere in the ring, and ultimately would produce bad puppies. by taking him in the ring knowing full well he shouldnt be shown, looks bad on the breeder because her dogs that arent fit for the ring are appearing in it.