Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2016, 06:32 AM

Daily Thread, Sunday, June 19

Good morning everyone, weather looks hopeful, the sun is out. Might strip the sheets off my bed if I think I can get them dry this morning.

Griff, your brother didn't stay long at all which I am sure you are glad about. Sounds hopeful with Steve, fingers crossed for you.

Harvey, sorry Riannon is still unwell, do hope the vet can help her. That Comfrey sounds tremendous cure all.

Kazz, I wasn't nominated thread starter it just seems to have landed that way. I am an early riser to take Amber out for her walk and so I start the day off on here. Welcome back by the way.

Hope all our other two and four legged friends are all ok. Have a good day all, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2016, 07:35 AM
Morning Moyra
Hope the sheets do dry out, I never seem to know what weather we are getting....yesterday it was cold so I put a hoodie on, took the dogs out and by the time I got to the field it was boiling!
Bathroom again today, by next milleniumi may actually be able to have a shower lol
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-06-2016, 07:40 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow.
Didn't have time to post yesterday - by the time I got to sit at the 'puter it was very late and everybody's thoughts and contributions for the day were well and truly over!
Harvey - sorry to hear of Rianna's poor health. Just a thought - and please forgive me if I am mistaken - are you sure that it is comfrey that she is eating, just that with you saying it was down by the river I wondered if it could have been wild garlic which is a wide leafed plant quite often found in such a location. The thing being that if it is comfrey she could (possibly) be self medicating but if it is wild garlic then a lot of dogs eat it just because they have a liking for the plant all mine will have a munch at it in passing and unlike when they eat grass there is no regurgitating. Please don't take offence at my challenging your horticultural identification abilities I just thought the querry could prove to be helpful in the long run if it was garlic and not comfrey.
We are to visit the Mem's natural father today (her mother left him years ago and is now on her second husband - those are the welsh connection) her natural father is a retired test pilot and scientist who lives just outside Buxton in Derbyshire. The old boy is as mad as a bucket of frog muck - also in truth not particularly pleasant either. BUT it is father's day and the Mem feels she has an obligation of sorts to visit the him. I go along to give moral support and also to ensure that he doesn't say anything to upset her. The horrid old beggar is frightened to death of me (can't think why) and so my presence ensures a rather brittle harmony of sorts. Family it seems are not always a good thing - all mine are dead - which all things considered is probably not a bad thing. Many of them were completely without merit, sounds harsh I know but I'm no hypocrite and refuse to speak well of someone just because they are dead.
We are threatened with a lot of rain later in the day but at the moment it is just overcast, albeit dry, so the journey over to Buxton should not be too onerous, the return could be through a monsoon like spell.
The dogs have already been out for a couple of hours and had a good swim and chase about so they will tend to sleep through most of the day not now needing to go out until late afternoon, by which time we should be back home.
Have a good day all, will be back later, bye fer now.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-06-2016, 07:42 AM
Morning Griff - cross posted with you just now! What did you get your Dad for father's day - a bucket of grout! lol !
Have a good day!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2016, 08:21 AM
Hahaha...no such thing LG...not forking out on grout!!!! He got a razor, shaving foam and a big bar of choccy
I hope your visit goes o.k...I refuse to speak well of most of my family and they aren't dead yet...mores the pity in most cases lol
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2016, 08:39 AM
Griff don't get saddled with a bloke. Some can be a pain in the proverbial. After 45 years of being married, I wish I hadn't. At first it was great but then younger but now well I feel that I am an unpaid skivvy. I just keep the house clean for me. And pretend he is a lodger. Have a good day peeps. Suns out.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2016, 08:39 AM
Good morning

I think your sheets should dry well Moyra as I think the south and east are to get the best weather today.

At least your brother did not outstay his welcome. Nice of him to give free milage to a friend what about his parents ( `I know you cannot fly or travel well at the moment). Still oojk on the bright side he didn't stay long Hope you and Steve do get together and then Christmas will be fun

Take care on your journey today Gordon and hope the visit isn't too awful.

Lovely and sunny here so have decided to do my washing today instead of tomorrow which is forecast to be dire. Might try to get OH out this afternoon for a walk along the beach with me and Teazle. Well off to do cooking of meals to freeze and cake for us.

Have a good day and stay safe.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2016, 09:31 AM
Morning all.
Moyra we like your opening remarks gets us all going for the day!
Brenda, poor you, I've been very lucky. I've been married for 48 years. We have cross words but we get over it. So griff make sure you choose the right one!!
Sue I'm trying to get my hubby out for a walk too, ummmm not much chance of that with all the sport on
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-06-2016, 09:39 AM
Morning Moyra and all who have followed and those still to follow.
Happy fathers day to all the dads out there.
Safe journeys to those going travelling, nice walks for those walking and good drying weather for those doing washing.
We are over to Essex in a bit to see Mark, Lauren who is doing us lunch and Joel.
Very warm here today and sunny although it does at times disappear.

Do hope Rianna perks up Harvey.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

19-06-2016, 10:16 AM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
Harvey - sorry to hear of Rianna's poor health. Just a thought - and please forgive me if I am mistaken - are you sure that it is comfrey that she is eating, just that with you saying it was down by the river I wondered if it could have been wild garlic which is a wide leafed plant quite often found in such a location. The thing being that if it is comfrey she could (possibly) be self medicating but if it is wild garlic then a lot of dogs eat it just because they have a liking for the plant all mine will have a munch at it in passing and unlike when they eat grass there is no regurgitating. Please don't take offence at my challenging your horticultural identification abilities I just thought the querry could prove to be helpful in the long run if it was garlic and not comfrey.
No offence at all Gordon, you are quite right to ask the question.

How do I know it's 'comfrey' Well in retrospect the evidence is a bit iffy I was walking Rianna by the river a few months ago and met a lady with another dog, Rianna was chewing on something on the river bank and I asked her what it was, without a moments hesitation she said it was 'comfrey' well around here a lot of locals grow their own vegetables and have farming connections so I just kinda took her word for it

Anyway, latter today I will do a bit of serious research and try to find pictures so I might well end up on the river bank, kneeling down, picture in one hand and leaf in the other doing comparisons

With that thought in mind, (and providing I haven't been carted off to the funny farm), I wil return tonight
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »