Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-07-2005, 05:35 PM

We found a dog

TOday my friends and i found a dog lying in a bush super skinny, with a lenght of chain tied around her neck, her teats were dangling as if she had been in whelp, and she is super skinny.
She is a superb GSD and is such a friendly soul, a friend has taken her back to their house until we find the owners, if she hasnt been dumped!!!!!!!!!
We rang the RSPCA they said they hadn't had any notifacations of Lost GSD bitch, so we think she has been dumped.
If she has and no owner comes forwartd my friend agreed that his family would keep her anyways as thier lab and she got on.
She has been christned by us all as Violet as we found her at violets view bridge.
She is superb and she will have her forever home if nobody does come forward.
Anything else we could all do, as there are 5 of us all searching for her owner, but personally we think she has been dumped judging by her condition.
SO anything else we could all do?
Is my friend's family doing the right thing by keeping her if nobody does com forward?
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2005, 05:37 PM
Put up some ntices in local shops and in local papers.Take her to the vets to scan for a chip.Inform all local rescue centres.
If no one comes forward then yes I think you're doing right by keeping her.Well done
jake
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2005, 05:39 PM
There is a website for lost/stolen dogs check no one has stolen her and dumped her.

www.doglost.co.uk
scotbun1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2005, 05:44 PM
legally you have to notify the police and they'll give you form to say you've contacted them. Up in Edinburgh after contacting the police, after 42 days the dog then becomes yours.

Poor wee lass< i hope she's ok.
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-07-2005, 05:45 PM
Ok, well Ryan's mum, Mandy, took her to the vets no microchip and the vet said she definatley had been in whelp, and was probably around 75% under her expected weight!!!!!!!!
Posters ahve gone up, but it does seem as if she had been dumped as she was tied down to i think ti was like a stake in this bush, so we shall just have to wait and see, anyways Violet is fast asleep in my friends kitchen after having a goood meal!!!!!
Will keep u posted
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-07-2005, 05:46 PM
Originally Posted by scotbun1
legally you have to notify the police and they'll give you form to say you've contacted them. Up in Edinburgh after contacting the police, after 42 days the dog then becomes yours.

Poor wee lass< i hope she's ok.
Yep all done, my friend Ryans mum Mandy, works for our local police station so this was her first port of call.
She is a stunning young lass aswell looks a lor like Ingrids pups mum
Best wishes
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2005, 05:48 PM
awwww luke ..any pics ?
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2005, 05:50 PM
How lucky you found her Luke, and I expect you're right, she has served her purpose for breeding and is probably too old for any more, so they've dumped her! Makes me sick!!! Do as the others have suggested and see if she's chipped (which I doubt very much) and maybe the dog warden, but I suggest the dog warden would probably take her in, but of course your friend will be top of the list to have her if nobody claims her. I cannot possibly imagine a dog in whelp either being let out or got out and leaving her pups can you?? Shameful. On the other hand if she has got out for some reason then of course the owners will be distraught, so you must contact somebody, even the police will do, to let them know you have found her. What about her collar, anything on there? Good luck and I hope your friend ends up keeping her and giving her a good home, poor dog.
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-07-2005, 05:50 PM
Will have to badger Ryan to get some for me, she is gorgeous
deefin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2005, 05:52 PM
good on you luke . im so pleased violet will be taken good care of im sure she will be a very loayl companion to your friends family .. . shame on the owners . they should be tied up to stave too .. a oles
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >