Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Het
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2006, 08:16 PM

Help...Power Adapter question

I apologise in advance if this is a stupid question but my Wireless Router has stopped working....there is no power to it at all. I am pretty sure it is the actual power adapter thingy. It has Linksys stamped all over it and warnings only to use Linksys adapters....is this right or can I just go and buy another one, surely as long as it is the same voltage etc
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-05-2006, 08:20 PM
I cant speak for your individual router Het,but i've used different adaptors on various elecy things with no problems.Provided the voltage and plug is the same-i cant forsee any hiccups.

I daresay the Linksys adaptor is 3 times the price of a universal jobbie!
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-05-2006, 08:21 PM
Originally Posted by Het
I apologise in advance if this is a stupid question but my Wireless Router has stopped working....there is no power to it at all. I am pretty sure it is the actual power adapter thingy. It has Linksys stamped all over it and warnings only to use Linksys adapters....is this right or can I just go and buy another one, surely as long as it is the same voltage etc
dont see why not het as long as it is the same voltage as you said the manifacture allways say use there makei have used one from the shopping center and it is on 24 hours a dayit says all the details on it amp power in / out
darasa
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-05-2006, 08:23 PM
Hi Het
I would have thought that as long as it was the same voltage and ac or dc as the one you have, that any would be OK .. I think Co's do that "only use our Brand" to get "repeat" custom
Rachel
Het
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2006, 08:23 PM
Thanks boys...I was pretty sure I could but electrics is not my thing and as you know I'm an innocent so I believed it when it said use Linksys adapter only.
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-05-2006, 08:25 PM
Originally Posted by Het
Thanks boys...I was pretty sure I could but electrics is not my thing and as you know I'm an innocent so I believed it when it said use Linksys adapter only.
woman and technic
Het
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2006, 08:34 PM
Originally Posted by darasa
Hi Het
I would have thought that as long as it was the same voltage and ac or dc as the one you have, that any would be OK .. I think Co's do that "only use our Brand" to get "repeat" custom
Rachel
lol...yeah nitwits like me
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-05-2006, 08:39 PM
Originally Posted by Het
Like most retail companies Het-they prey on your guilt of what may happen rather than what wont!
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-05-2006, 08:39 PM
Originally Posted by Fred
woman and technic
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-05-2006, 09:00 PM
Originally Posted by leo
yes marie