Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-02-2009, 02:04 PM
Originally Posted by kcjack View Post
Sounds like a personal petty attack but will respond.

I dont breed never have never will, end of why dont you pick faults with people on this forum who actually do breed cross breeds will look forward to seeing you critique these people.
My opinions are that of Kcjack (myself) have never spoke on behalf of the rescue.
The rescue I work for is a superb 1st class rescue and we take all the dogs all the other rescues wont touch with a bargepole as they such expensive vet bills.
I have had a few tiffs on this site but not sure whats the point staying as am feeling a huge backlash and seems this site is very anti-rescue and I cannot understand why you so anti rescue. Is this site pro-breeders and rescues defer from that?

It seems the mentors all have issues with rescues this cant be good.
Hi Kc I am very Pro rescues actually, please indicate where I have ever said otherwise.

I am also very anti breeding cross bred /dogs which haven't been health tested and that goes for anyone whether or not they work for a rescue but particularly for those who do work for a rescue because it sends out totally the wrong message. You say ''Firstly I work non stop for rescue and get no money so if I did want to stud Kato I would '' which indicates you work for a rescue and would consider breeding from a cross bred dog.

Is asking questions making a personal attack, I don't think so , if I accused you of doing something that would be a personal attack. You have asked many questions of others particularly in the NRB section but you don't seem to like it when people ask you questions.
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2009, 02:09 PM
You asked , I answered but then u didnt accept answer. You dont seem to think the rescues should take ex breeders of have I misunderstood?
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2009, 02:12 PM
Ok Mini seen although you have probed 1 comment I said can I ask you a few questions.

Do you work at a rescue?
Do you volunteer at a rescue?
Did you rescue or buy your dogs?
Do you think ex breeders should be rescued?
Meg
Supervisor

14-02-2009, 02:16 PM
Ok Mini seen although you have probed 1 comment I said can I ask you a few questions.

Do you work at a rescue?
Hi Kc I will return to answer later, excuse me if I haven't the time to reply just now.
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2009, 02:18 PM
But they easy questions just yes or no. But if you need time to think fine.
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2009, 04:24 PM
Firstly I don't understand anyone not undestanding that you were off to Wales on behalf of a rescue . In your second post on this thread you state clearly that you were going on behalf of a rescue and that you had worked for them previously , had a break and now resumed .
Therefore I understood it all perfectly . There have been people supporting you and some against the whole thing and unfortunately it's the people who are just on forums like this just for an argument who who always have the most to say .
If you save even one dog from these places you have done something wonderful and more than most people have ever done .
Keep up the good work and lets see some more pics of the girls and let us hear how they are doing
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2009, 04:56 PM
Thanks Fernsmum I thought I had mentioned it but with Minihaha been a mod doubted myself and so fed up really cant be bothered to argue with the anti rescue people would rather play with the dogs.
talassie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2009, 05:53 PM
I think you are doing a fantastic job kc. I really can't see a problem with saving dogs that would only be put to sleep otherwise. I hope they have a long and happy life in their new homes.
Meg
Supervisor

15-02-2009, 12:34 AM

Do you work at a rescue?
Hi Kc no I don't work in a rescue. I have just retired from work.
No I don't volunteer in a rescue, I have just spent 10 years doing voluntary work in my spare time with a large national 'human' charity also taking severely disabled children into my home to give their parent break, but I have donated to rescues.
Yes I have had a rescue dog and there are three rescue dogs in my immediate family. I have also bought dogs, (I have always had a breed which doesn't shed because of problems with Asthma in my immediate family) .
Yes I think ex breeders should be rescued but I do have reservations about the way this is done and I don't think people should buy Puppy Farm ex breeding bitches any more than they should buy Puppies from a Puppy Farm and line the pockets of the Puppy Farmers.

Also I think when a person says they work for a rescues but they also say they have bought a six month old cross breed dogs and they then make enquires about using it at stud , this sends out conflicting message about resues, breeding cross breed dogs can add to the rescue population .

Does saying this make me anti rescue? I don't think so.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2009, 08:44 AM
Can we get back on topic please. This isn't about who's done more rescue work than the other, nor about who wants to breed from a Xbreed, it's about whether or not rescuing ex breeders from puppy farms is OK. Some say it is, some say it isn't.
Mini, as a mod I feel it's abit off that you have allowed the thread to get so personal.
KC and everyone else I would like to confirm that at no point during this thread has Mini, or Ramble ever stated they are anti rescue so you need to drop that one, it's just not an issue here.
This thread was brought about to be an open discussion about how we all feel about it and everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Page 10 of 15 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »