Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2011, 05:01 PM

Benjie meets Jed and Jessie.

No pictures as the weather was not in our favour but apart from an initial show from Benjie and a few warnings from Jessie, Benjie was fine on our walk.

Normally we have to get any dogs we wish to walk with to come round so he can meet in his environment but this time after trying to butt in on Louie and Jessie's play and eyeing up Jed a few times he was let off lead with them (still muzzled though).

The poor thing is now conked out - he has no stamina! Bless him..

At least I know I can take him out with a couple more dogs and not have to worry so much or fath about with them coming to my house then going out walking..

I'm proud of him this week, he allowed builders to work next door and didn't grumble at them, he hasn't had any fits with me and now he's walked with two dogs he's met out of his comfort zone - good week
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2011, 06:49 PM
glad it went well
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2011, 09:38 PM
I was very surprised at how well he behaved. Like you said, there were a few incidents of him eyeballing Jed but Jed is such a laid back dog that I think Benjie thought "i'm not gonna rile that guy, I wont waste my time"! Had Flynn been there i'm sure we'd have had a nightmare walk!

Benjie was also very good off lead - didnt wander far and came back when you called him.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2011, 09:47 PM
Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post
I was very surprised at how well he behaved. Like you said, there were a few incidents of him eyeballing Jed but Jed is such a laid back dog that I think Benjie thought "i'm not gonna rile that guy, I wont waste my time"! Had Flynn been there i'm sure we'd have had a nightmare walk!

Benjie was also very good off lead - didnt wander far and came back when you called him.
I think I would have worse back ache if Flynn was there! I just wish he'd give the crap up with other dogs as quick as he did with Jed and Jessie.

I'm sorry you had to see the behaviour with the CC's, but as I said it's 10 times worse with those he's been allowed to get away with it with.

Is it me or did it not feel like a really short walk to you? I think not going to the Lodge ruined my routine of round there lol.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2011, 09:54 PM
I dont think it was a long walk if you think of the distance we covered (well, not for me it wasnt!) but it took us 3 hours!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2011, 11:50 AM
Just to let everyone know - Benjie hasn't moved from his crate since about 7pm till now - he won't go out to the loo, won't come for his breakfast and is snoring his head off - we really need to work on his endurance