Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2011, 12:25 PM

Hot dogs ! (Grey)

A nice cold compress seemed to do the trick for Bella after her walk in this balmy weather

I have spent more time cooling down my poor black doggie than anything in this weather, ice in water bowl , paws dipped in cool water, reflective jacket, paddling pool in garden , but she is worth every bit of it !

SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2011, 12:38 PM
Bless her!

I took the scissors to Benjie's fur; one to cool him down a little and two to maybe stop him moulting so much..

I should never be a groomer... I told my in laws and the OH he'd laid down on some sweets whilst on a walk, 3 bald patches (I got carried away) I did stop though, he only looks silly on one side
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2011, 01:19 PM
b;ess her i've been using a fan on axel after the heat (his fur is hot to the touch quickly, so we stick to shade as much as possible) i'll give towels a go, she looks all blissed up! do you find she gets hotter than tom?
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2011, 01:24 PM
Originally Posted by Insomnia View Post
b;ess her i've been using a fan on axel after the heat (his fur is hot to the touch quickly, so we stick to shade as much as possible) i'll give towels a go, she looks all blissed up! do you find she gets hotter than tom?
Yeah the wet towels work , they are microfabirc and hold the iced water so work well, Tom doesnt struggle so much think he has enough light fur to reflect rather than retain the heat , they both love paws in bowls of cool water that works well ! I have been walking real early and real late as she just cannot cope with the heat and worried I cause her a problem.
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2011, 01:24 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
Bless her!

I took the scissors to Benjie's fur; one to cool him down a little and two to maybe stop him moulting so much..

I should never be a groomer... I told my in laws and the OH he'd laid down on some sweets whilst on a walk, 3 bald patches (I got carried away) I did stop though, he only looks silly on one side
Oh Aimee ! we need a pic of your grooming job !
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2011, 02:46 PM
Originally Posted by TomtheLurcher View Post
Oh Aimee ! we need a pic of your grooming job !
I'll try..
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2011, 03:39 PM
what a clever idea, ive never thought of that
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2011, 12:44 AM
Bless her Thanks for sharing x
monkeydonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-08-2011, 06:44 AM
Aww, bless her. My 2 greys really struggle in this heat. This year for the first time Indi will lie near an electric fan to get cool which i happily leave on for her 25/7 she used to be scared of them but i think she has realised it helps her!!

If it gets too hot today i think i'll try the cold compress, looks effective. xxxxxxx
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-08-2011, 06:51 AM
Aww bless her - she looks like Nancy's twin as well.

I'm getting more and more interested by those towelling coats you soak as a cool-down and tempted to buy some towels and try to make one as this summer goes on.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >