Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
talassie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2011, 11:50 AM
We go out early in the morning.

Maisie will not toilet in the garden now, so at lunchtime we had a short on lead walk to the park at the end of the road. I was surprised how hot it was, much hotter than yesterday because there is no breeze.

We will wait now until late evening before going out again.
taz_in_2001
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-08-2011, 11:55 AM
I wouldn't walk in this with them.
If I know its going to be a hot one, I go earlier in the morning and later at night, although is anyone else finding the nights are still really warm lately?
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2011, 11:57 AM
No........................mine wouldn't even want to go in this heat, like to spend their time in front of the fan!
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-08-2011, 11:57 AM
Originally Posted by taz_in_2001 View Post
I wouldn't walk in this with them.
If I know its going to be a hot one, I go earlier in the morning and later at night, although is anyone else finding the nights are still really warm lately?
Yep - no one in this house (fleshy or furry) is getting a decent night's sleep at the moment because of the heat - even with a fan set on my husband's beloved "small noisy tornado" setting. Mind you - he's not getting a good night's sleep so he's determined to make everyone else suffer by association same as ever (oh the man flus I've had to endure every sniffle along with him with)
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2011, 11:59 AM
No choice here as I live in a flat. It's a walk early in the morning and late in the evening and short trips outside in between those. No different from a dog going into the garden to toilet really except that I have to clip a leash on and actually leave the house.

I used to head down to the river with my last two on hot days and we'd spend the day down there. Plenty of shade and water and we all had a great time.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2011, 12:01 PM
Walking at 7 am and today it was quite pleasant, not hot and muggy like yesterday early morning, but now it's scorching hot, so we won't even be going to the beach today. Might go tonight if the tide is right when it's cooled down though, but the countryside outside my door is far too hot atm, even the garden until 6pm at night Roll on tomorrow, it's gonna rain!
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2011, 12:01 PM
we're going for the paddling pool in the garden and playing water fetch for a while, then an after dark walk here...
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2011, 12:18 PM
I took Axel out yesterday when it was cloudy and cool...it suddenly got sunny and muggy half way round, so we took it slow on the way back. Sometimes you get caught out. We're staying in today and hoping it cools down later, he doesn't mind as he'll sleep either way.
Jessi Clark
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2011, 12:21 PM
No here, hairy dogs and heat not a good combination, it unexpectedly got really hot during a walk a few weeks ago and griffin got hosed down immediately we got home as he was exhibiting symptoms of heatstroke . Training and icy treats with the french doors open during the day and walks at about 7am and anything after 10 at night, also has the bonus of no numpties about at these times!! Any romps have been at places there's river, streams etc so they can stay cool.
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2011, 12:22 PM
Mine dont seem to want to go out the last couple days, usually when their leads are rattled they go crazy excited, but the last few days they have taken no interest what-so-ever, so they have been lazing in the garden instead :S
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »