Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2011, 03:37 PM

Heres my boy - Tyson GSD

i said on another thread ild share Tyson with you well here he is.
[IMG]
http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g348/katygeorge85/002hgj.jpg[/IMG]

I wont give you his full story as it would take pages. But we got Tyson from Greater manchester police when i was 7 and my Dad lived in a pub. We then moved to a farm in cheshire and mysteriously lost Tyson when i was 14. Me and my brother were city kids so when we went to the farm we would take full advantage of the open space we could explore and Tyson would come find us when tea was ready, go get my dad if we were hurt. He even saved me from a bull once that landed him 4 days in the vets. He was just the best. one thing i will never forget was saving my brother. Our uncle was horrid to us as kids and Tyson would always get inbetween us but as my brother turned in to a teen he would stick up for himslef against my uncle and it turned very bad one day and Tyson bit my uncle really hard on his bum then dragged him outside by his arm. My uncle was never allowed back as Tyson wouldnt let him get out of his car, in Tysons eyes my uncle wasnt welcome. We came home one day to find he had gone and we never found him. I dred to think what kind of life he had after he left us, i hope it was good ive never got over losing him and when my dad moved house 18 months later i was so upset as then Tyson would never find us again. He was my best friend as i was a painfully shy child and didnt have many and all those school holidays were made the best by Tyson being there.

Thanks for reading
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2011, 03:45 PM
Lovely boy, and sounds like he was your very best friend, as most of our shepherds are I hope you find out about him one day, you must miss him loads. I have a similar tale to yours about my very first german shepherd.

When I was about 11, my mum and dad came home with a great, big, male shepherd (well, I was only little so he probably wasn't that big!), and he too was from a pub, a guard dog, but he became my very best friend too. I used to walk him before and after school, all on my own, no lead, no collar, he just stayed with me, but when I got to the open spaces he was off like a shot and I thought he'd never come back to me!!! Round and round he'd race (strangely, his name was RACE lol!), and I called and called, but he only ever came back when he'd had enough, then we'd just walk home again, along the busy main road, with him by my side.

He lived in the garage, which was part of our house, there was a door from the hallway, and he was happy in there, he never wanted to be upstairs with me in my bedroom, he'd growl at me!

Anyhoo, one day, I came home from school and he was gone I searched, and searched and couldn't find him anywhere. Then my parents came home and said they had to take him back because the other guard dog was pining for him They said they'd buy me a new bike, but I cried and cried, coz a new bike was nowhere near what I had with my dear Race. So just like you, I had him taken away from me never to know what happened to him.
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2011, 03:58 PM
i doubt ill ever find out what happened it was 12 years ago, im 26 now.
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2011, 04:20 PM
Am sitting here with tears in my eyes reading these posts. They both sound like such fabulous dogs and I really feel for you both - I know I would have been utterly devastated if the same thing had happened to Laddie, my dog when I was growing up (Rough Collie).

Wonderful pics by the way KATY - what a handsome fellow!!
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2011, 06:34 PM
Originally Posted by TabithaJ View Post
Am sitting here with tears in my eyes reading these posts. They both sound like such fabulous dogs and I really feel for you both - I know I would have been utterly devastated if the same thing had happened to Laddie, my dog when I was growing up (Rough Collie).

Wonderful pics by the way KATY - what a handsome fellow!!
me to, ive not thought about him for so long i forgot how much i missed him.

he was a stunner, my brother has just got a new gsd for work who looks sooooo much like him
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2011, 07:39 PM
Two very sad stories, and when you have no closure then it must be dreadfully hard.

Tyson was a very handsome dog, and will always live on in your heart
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2011, 08:39 PM
Aww what lovely (but sad) stories from both you and Helen.

So did Tyson run away or did your dad give him away to someone else?

He was a beautiful boy and sounds to have a temperament to match. No wonder you missed him so much. I just hope he had as good a home as he had with you for the remainder of his life.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2011, 12:00 AM
Bless him Such a gorgeous lad I can see why you miss him so much Thanks for sharing x
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2011, 03:33 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Aww what lovely (but sad) stories from both you and Helen.

So did Tyson run away or did your dad give him away to someone else?

He was a beautiful boy and sounds to have a temperament to match. No wonder you missed him so much. I just hope he had as good a home as he had with you for the remainder of his life.
think he was robbed, and worse it muct have been by somebody we know as knowbody else would get close. we went away for the weekend and when we got back the people looking after him were waiting for us and told us when they came to see to him he was gone - but his chain wasnt snapped it was just lying on the ground. Never found him and we looked for months and was constantly phoning vets/warden/rescue to see if he turned up - he never did
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2011, 11:22 PM
Oh, what a sad story He was a gorgeous boy!