View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2011, 07:29 AM
I've never owned a breed, only mutts/crossbreeds. If I could have another Moon, I would in a flash, but due to hid incredibly unique genetic make up sadly that will never happen Unfortunately Cain has sort of put me off ever owning either breed which is in him ever again (I still think they are lovely but don't want to own either).

My first pedigree dog is looking highly likely to be a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever, and I hear of very few people who only own the one toller, they appear to be addictive and I can see me ending up with more eventually
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2011, 07:33 AM
My first breed was a Great Dane, I've had two and they were amazing dogs. Don't have one now, wouldn't rule it out but Max needed a home and we could offer one and we have him now
Tegs_mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-08-2011, 10:14 AM
First dog was and still is a collie.
taz_in_2001
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-08-2011, 01:28 PM
Growing up we had many breeds, my father owned a farm so alot were working dogs. The only one I could have actually called mine out of them was a black and tan terrier not sure his actual breeding. It was him I started my first training, my father allowed his training to be down to me as he says to this day even at 6 he could see I had a nack to it Sadly he was killed by a badger when I was 9. My father wouldn't allow me to get involved with anymore of the working dogs after that as I was devastated.

My first breed I owned when I moved out was a rescue from the RSPCA she is still with me today going strong. My breeds since has been Rottweilers but after losing my Keila I don't know if I could have another as I have this thought of I would be replacing her.
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2011, 01:34 PM
Staffordshire Bull Terrier and she is still here
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2011, 01:58 PM
Cocker Spaniel called Boots and a Borzoi called Sable.
Have had labs and muts, Cairns and GSDs. Still have 2 GSDs.
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2011, 02:47 PM
My first dog was a Samoyed... she passed very recently... I don't know if I would have another Samoyed... probably if one came along for rescue I couldn't resist... Currently I have a Huskamutt and a lurcher
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2011, 03:17 PM
First doggy contact was with one of the boxers my great grandad used to breed. I loved that dog. Next contact was with my gran's rough collie...I loved her too. First 'family' dog as a child was a collie x Golden Retriever, he was fab.
First dog of my own as a grown up was Biff...a collie cross bull breed. Mad as a box of frogs, he was swiftly joined by my husband's families old Border Collie, when his parents became ill.
No...I don't have any of those breeds now
Now I have Flat Coated Retrievers and I cannot foresee a time in my life when I don't have them, I have had one in my life now for the last5-6 years
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2011, 07:41 PM
my first dog was a crested, she is now nearly 3 and my princess then came asbo so i like them can see myself always having one, but to be honest, there are different breeds i want next, and in my heart i prefer bigger dogs.
Millysmum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-08-2011, 03:47 PM
Never had dogs growing up, but many years ago I fell in love with a boyfriend's English Setter and I've never forgotten her (can't remember him at all). Then when I eventually met my husband he got me a rescue ES as a wedding present - bit of a shock, but she was absolutely gorgeous. About a year later we got a second rescue ES and they stayed with us for 13 and 14 yrs respectively until they passed away. Fabulous dogs. After a break of about 17 years we've acquired an English Springer Spaniel (Milly) who we love to bits. We didn't really 'choose' her, she came via another family member who couldn't look after her for a time (and she was only 4 months old) - we were temporarily homing her until she could be returned, but then he decided he didn't want her after all .... by which time we'd fallen for her totally and were hooked. I'd love to have another ES one day though.
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >