View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
murf'smom
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-06-2006, 08:07 PM

Anyone heard of Select Gold Salmon, Potato...all natural food?

I have been having a hard time finding a suitable kibble for Murphy. I had him on Nutro Ultra before moving over to Germany in January...well in March the 55 pound bag I brought over with us ran out...so I ran to the pet store thinking that I would just buy him a new bag of Nutro Ultra...well guess what? They don't sell it here in Germany. Anyway...saw this great food called Royal Canin Boxer 26...thought it would be great as it was made especially for Boxers. Now he has developed mild seizures (head bobbing) itchy skin and a really bad right ear. He is miserable...the only thing I can find here is this Select Gold Salmon, Potato and Spelt specifically for sensitive dogs. Anyone ever heard of this??? My other Boxer lived to be 10 1/2 on Pedigree! Yuck!!!

Thanks in advance for the advice,

Murf's Mom

Murphy - Fawn male 5/11/04
Buddy - Mama's boy 5/31/93 - 11/24/03
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2006, 08:34 PM
Sorry I can't help - hope Murf get's sorted soon
murf'smom
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-06-2006, 08:53 PM
Thanks, me too. I thought I could get Timberwolf here, but no such luck either... I think I will try this Select Gold stuff...was reading the label and everything sounds pretty allergy-free!
Flipper
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-06-2006, 10:16 AM
Dont know if its too late for this (I havent been around much lately and just saw it).

Im in Germany and was looking for a food I used to feed my dogs in CA but cant get it (Breeders Choice). I looked into Select Gold and of all the foods I read up on available here this one seems to be about the best. (Im not a nutritionist though). Anyways, Ive been feeding Select Gold beef for about a year since I got my rescue, her coat is good, eyes sparkling, energetic for the most part (she doesnt deal with heat very well though). No allergies although as far as I know she didnt have any before when she was at the shelter apart from ongoing loose stool, that stopped within a few days of her being switched to Select Gold.

Dont know if that helps.
murf'smom
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-06-2006, 04:18 PM
Hi,

Thank you so much...Murphy seems to be thriving on the Select Gold. I am really seeing some great changes. His coat is much shinier...he doesn't scratch as much...yea!!!