register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-05-2016, 01:12 PM
Norma, hoping Gemma is OK for a good while to come, and like I hope for mine, she goes to sleep one night and crosses the Bridge with no pain or fear.
We've had ticks here for the first time ever, someone in the village found one on their dog, I do have mine on garlic tablets every day, but like LG I bought Billy No Mates and got them all tick and flea collars, maybe put one on OH and add the Billy No Mates to his cup of tea He's a silly sausage, especially as he's had Lymes already, you'd think he'd go see the doctor or A&E, taking a long good book with him to sit in the waiting area of course
Rain is forecast for mid afternoon, so have had girls out for a decent walk, then I cleaned up and got .their beds sorted out, supplied them with a bone, they are now flat out asleep and I've been fence painting again. From being warm and sunny when I sat down with my fence painting weather gradually changed to cool, breezy and dull. Came in when I'd used all my paint up. Got one full fence left to paint and half of another one, then of course there is the decking still propped up glaring at me to remind me it doesn't like being left out
Now sat with a cheese and tomato butty and cup of tea watching Doctors
LOL Nippy about the jam, maybe send it as a DIY jam and cream sponge, i.e. they have to supply and apply the jam to their taste. So sad about the poor wood pigeon, I wonder what had happened to it
Oh the joys of baling twine, so very useful, mending the string on haynets, tying up the gate, tying up rugs, headcollars, dogs when need be.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2016, 01:28 PM
I'm calling it a deconstructed jam sponge! I'm sure it will still be eaten!
We don't see many ticks here either. Maybe because Pepsi wears a flea collar, expensive but seemingly effective.
The lovely bright sunny day has turned into a chilly wet one
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-05-2016, 01:46 PM
Raining here now, checked on girls, Mabs is inside, so is Lona, other 3 lay out still and looked blankly at me when I said for them to go in, so left them to it
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2016, 03:43 PM
Nippy, i would eat your cake anytime...jam or no jam Lol
Norma, what is it with men and Drs?? why not go before the problem escelates? is there some sort of hidden code that runs between them that states you can't ever go to the Dr unless you have left the problem be infected or made 10 times worse by delaying treatment Lol
Been to get my blood tests done...i got a lady with a brain who did both blood tests for me and put them in their own little bags Lol tried to sort out my dads iron tablets, god what a nightmare...i asked for a specific one and they tried to sell me everything uner the sun excet for what i actually needed...told them just to give me the bottle back and i would get them online...can't be doing with being pressured into buying something i don't want
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-05-2016, 04:03 PM
Afternoon all I did laugh at de-constructed jam sponge sure it will be delicious.
Glad blood tests went well and hope everyone is having a good day so far.

Rang the garage after I got back from a shop they were looking at it this afternoon and as yet no news. Good job I have the peugeot to use else I would be in right stew. I am loving that car more and more I drive it.
Think I have put my size 9's in it. I messaged Tracey earlier as I thought Owen was away next week on his school trip. I asked her to give him our have a good time wishes. Also asked how she was.
Thought I better mention Mark, Lauren his new girlfriend and Joel are coming tomorrow evening for the weekend as I know Joel see's a lot Owen and is bound to of said something. Not happy about her finding things out 2nd or 3rd hand. Also said I had seen Owen at Stuart and Ruth's abseil the other week and which set off some trouble between Mark and Tracey. Owen turned up with Joel and Lauren was there Owen felt very awkward and just came with us for lunch and came in my car and sat next to me. The boys didn't think to be honest but of course when Owen mentioned Lauren had been there Tracey was fuming.
I mentioned today it was nice to see him and I knew it had caused some upset but I understood her feelings but Mark was as surprised as I was he was there and didn't feel he could turn him away from the door and if he had Joel would of left to. After lunch they got their bikes and went off didn't attend the abseil or the the bbq.
Now I'm thinking it sounds like I have tied all that in with wishing Owen a nice holiday. Not sure whether to message back with a sorry or just leave it.
Leaving it might be the best idea I guess.
I hate being in the middle of all this but I can't say to Mark him and Joel are welcome and not Lauren. He won't visit if I take that attitude.
Gorden home tonight interview tomorrow.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2016, 04:10 PM
Nippy at the jam. I would happily eat without

At least the rain has meant you are having a forced rest June.

Pleased blood tests went according to plan Griff.

It would seem to be a written code in the world of man - do not see a doctor unless you are nearly dead!

Best keep quiet Lynn and hopefully it will all blow over. Fingers crossed for the car.

Lovely afternoon out with friend putting the world to rights and having a good laugh with cake and coffee. (Remember cakes are not fattening if not eaten in your own home)
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-05-2016, 04:53 PM
Lynn horrible being stuck in the middle I'm with Sue. say nought
Every best wish for Gordens interview tomorrow
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-05-2016, 07:02 PM
Least said soonest mended, Lynn. It is a very awkward situation for all of you. Glad to hear he has a new girlfriend already, that will do wonders for his ego
Got them all crossed for Gorden tomorrow, really hoping that this job is for him
Griff, glad the bloods went OK, but how stupid about the iron tablets, are they on commission for certain brands or something.
Sue, if you throw the wrapper of a bar of chocolate away as soon as you eat it, then that doesn't count either
I have taken my 3rd lot of my newly found painkillers today, slept for 2 hours without waking up once in pain, feel so much better, not had a proper sleep for a couple of weeks now, pain is always there, now I feel great
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

19-05-2016, 08:12 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
I have taken my 3rd lot of my newly found painkillers today, slept for 2 hours without waking up once in pain, feel so much better, not had a proper sleep for a couple of weeks now, pain is always there, now I feel great
Wow that's a long time, I didn't sleep too well last night either but not due to pain but the rain. Dogs wanted in, then out, then in again but that's only one night I would be going mad if it was two weeks and with constant pain.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

19-05-2016, 08:14 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Gorden home tonight interview tomorrow.
Best wishes for your Gordon tomorrow.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >