Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2012, 01:20 PM

Dry, no rinse 'shampoos'

Can anyone recommend any that will clean up a tri coloured, short haired coat without the need for actual bathing?

What about this one? Anyone tried it?

http://www.vetuk.co.uk/dog-shampoos-...o-250ml-p-5063

Thanks.
theo&milly
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-06-2012, 05:12 AM
I use the Animology no rinse on my tri colour dog and it works really well. Has a pleasant but not too strong smell and gets rid of the muck. I use it on my CKCS after particularly mucky walks. Just spray on and it combs through nicely. No sticky residue. No skin allergies so far. It brightens up the white too.

But *disclaimer* I use it occasionally after a mucky walk if we are going back in the car or onto someone elses house so infrequent use may be one reason an allergy hasn't developed so I don't know what frequent use would do.

We tried a few no rinse shampoos and I hate the sticky residue left on mu hands. The Animology stuff was the first I've come across that didn't have that.
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2012, 11:32 AM
I find hot clothing much better for short coated breeds. I also commonly do this when grooming horses.
Muskrat
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-06-2012, 12:32 PM
We use Wahl dry shampoo for Emmie, who is short haired and black and white.

We only use it if she's stinky or has rolled in poo, which isn't that often, but it does make her beautifully shiny, soft and clean looking. And it gets rid of fox poo smell which is what I bought it for!

No skin problems at all.