register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

09-06-2005, 08:56 PM
the last wedding I went to some people changed from what they wore to the church to something different for the evening - I didn't because I was too lazy - guys are so lucky - in Scotland anyway they just wear a kilt
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2005, 08:56 PM
Gillian, I've been meaning to say for ages but just haven't got around to it - but I love your sign off - it's so pretty - did you make it yourself?

Regarding the church, they have hired a coach to take everyone from wedding to reception - they go off for their photos, and I guess everyone mills about for a bit until dinner, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if people make a quick exit to their rooms...not everyone will be staying at the hotel - we're not so I don't know how it's all going to end up. Maybe we should take a spare set of clothes to be on the safe side? :smt017
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2005, 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by Emm
the last wedding I went to some people changed from what they wore to the church to something different for the evening - I didn't because I was too lazy - guys are so lucky - in Scotland anyway they just wear a kilt
Yeah, really fancy men in kilts - would love to get OH into one but he thinks that a Dane isn't allowed to wear one LOL...
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

09-06-2005, 09:00 PM
any-one can wear a kilt - lol

you should see my OH wearing one - he looks great! He has very long hair as well and I pleat it and tie it with a tartan ribbon
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-06-2005, 09:01 PM
The last three weddings I have been to we all wore the same all the time.. I have my own odd dress style anyway..I always wear long skirts..my B/In/Law jokes he thinks I have legs but is not sure because no one has seen them the last twenty years
Ice_Queen
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-06-2005, 09:01 PM
When I go to weddings I wear either a skirt or dress suit with a pretty top if skirt, wear the jacket in the church and take the jacket off for the reception (unless it goes cold then it goes back on again!
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2005, 09:09 PM
My sister got married at a hotel a few years back.
We had the wedding & breakfast in the morning & early afternoon, then a few hour break until the reception (at the same place).
Some people got changed, some didn't.
My family didn't, as our outfits were bought especially (mine was a bridesmaid dress!), and we wanted our moneys worth! lol
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2005, 09:13 PM
Few of the weddings I have been to, some I have worn the same clothes to both the actual wedding, and to the reception,but I did have one wedding where all the family stayed in a hotel (where the reception and dance in the eveing) were held, I wore the same clothes to the wedding and the meal, then changed for the evening dance,

Mo
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2005, 09:42 PM
Originally Posted by Emm
any-one can wear a kilt - lol

you should see my OH wearing one - he looks great! He has very long hair as well and I pleat it and tie it with a tartan ribbon
Don't they just ....awww emm you're so sweet to your oh Do you have a pic?
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2005, 09:43 PM
Originally Posted by Hevvur
My sister got married at a hotel a few years back.
We had the wedding & breakfast in the morning & early afternoon, then a few hour break until the reception (at the same place).
Some people got changed, some didn't.
My family didn't, as our outfits were bought especially (mine was a bridesmaid dress!), and we wanted our moneys worth! lol
Don't blame you - it's the one time you are actually allowed to feel like a princess
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >