Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
BonniesMummy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-01-2011, 10:46 AM

Dog saved

Hi guys, I havent been on here in a long time, I just used to post sometimes when my elderly dog Bonnie was unwell, she has been at the bridge for almost a year now. I miss her.

We still have Rocky our 8 yr old crazy collie x, but as of yesterday we have a foster dog.

He was due to be PTS if he didnt find a home within a day - some owner My friend saved him and then My mum drove 3 hours each way to get him, he is with us now. He is six months old, will be neutured and vaccinated before he goes to his new home wherever that may be. I am in love with him though!!

Here is Alfie

He stands a bit strange doesnt he! He is six months old.

He isnt toilet trained either, so he is a bit of a handful at the moment as we were unprepared but wasnt going to let the poor thing be PTS!

xx
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2011, 10:57 AM
Awww what a cutie Well done for saving him.
BonniesMummy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-01-2011, 11:08 AM
He is a cutie isnt he, I couldnt bear him being PTS it just seemed so wrong, so young, its wrong for any age but he hasnt even lived.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2011, 11:16 AM
Thank heavens for people like you and your friend. How awful to threaten to pts a 6month old little dog to save them the bother of rehoming him.
He`s very sweet.
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2011, 11:24 AM
He's lush! Why would anyone have him PTS????

He's young, he's cute, I bet he'll be snapped up in no time....if you can bear to part with him! I bet he's getting his little paws under the table!

J.
BonniesMummy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-01-2011, 11:27 AM
Well now isnt the right time for a permanent addition i was going to be looking in a minumum of 6 months, but then if he takes 6 months to rehome he may as well stay. but it does depend how he fits into the family because we have a problem dog and i dont want Alfie learning his behaviour, but then he is knackering our dog out, so hes less difficult so it could work.

But I also have rabbits and I have to be 100% sure he wouldnt hurt them, so their is a very specific type of dog that can slot into our home and he may not be that dog, but he will have a forever home one way or another, I will be homechecking and an adoption fee will be charged, some to cover his neuter and the rest will go to an animal rescue so it all goes into helping more animals.

I am in Essex if anyone is interested in offering Alfie a home, although he isnt ready yet!
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-01-2011, 01:31 PM
Ohh he's gorgeous! What a sweet little face!
How long do you think it'll be before he's ready for a new home? *Wishful thinking*
BonniesMummy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-01-2011, 01:33 PM
Couple of months, i want him to settle, be toilet trained, neutured and hopefully vaccinated although i am more concerned about his neuter status, someone wanted him to breed from when the owner said about it, as if there isnt needy dogs in the world!

he is a lovely little boy, he cried most of the night but he is unsettled, but when he is running about with rocky he is very happy.
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-01-2011, 01:39 PM
Originally Posted by BonniesMummy View Post
Couple of months, i want him to settle, be toilet trained, neutured and hopefully vaccinated although i am more concerned about his neuter status, someone wanted him to breed from when the owner said about it, as if there isnt needy dogs in the world!

he is a lovely little boy, he cried most of the night but he is unsettled, but when he is running about with rocky he is very happy.
Some people just don't care about the welfare of the dogs do they? Thank goodness he ended up with you and not someone who wanted to make a few bucks!
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2011, 03:14 PM
Oh he is just lovely. You are a star for taking him in and I have this funny feeling that he may be staying
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >