Male 

17-11-2008, 10:30 PM

Roger Mugford

good or bad for dogs
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2008, 06:51 AM
Well it was he who introduced the Kong and lots of other dog toys to us so I guess for the most part good.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2008, 07:17 AM
Brilliant for dogs IMO.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2008, 10:18 AM
Although Roger's educational qualifications are not veterinary or dog related he is very passionate about all animals(especially dogs)He does have some odd ideas, but he's a good guy & has a wicked sense of humour
weestumpy
Dogsey Junior
Male 

18-11-2008, 10:37 PM
Very interesting comments, it just i sat in a court house in Northern Ireland where he was the so called expert witness defending three dogs that were alleged pit bulls. I felt a bit sorry for him as he got tore to shreads by the barrister before he even got the chance to give evidence. He was discredited as a witness and the magistrate added insult to injury by calling him a player and a punter.

To sum it up, he was caught telling porky pies and left the court house with his head down in shame. Pitty this man had to stoup so low as to lie and then try to justifie what he had lied about.

Why does someone tell lies this way to defend a dog or say what the dog is then tell the courts something else, as the magistrate put it, his ends do not justify the means. I think of all the years good work he has done and the great devices he invented to be brought down through his own fault and lies is sad. As an expert witness, i think this will finish him in that field as anyone who he is up against will throw this case into the pot..
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2008, 08:25 AM
That's very sad I met him on a number of occasions and he has always IMO had the best interests of dogs at heart. He has saved many dogs accused of being pit bulls and taught many of us there are better ways to look after our dogs than the ways we were originally taught.
weestumpy
Dogsey Junior
Male 

19-11-2008, 09:59 PM
He was trying to save some dogs that were accused of being pit bulls but because he was caught lying that has now cast a doubt over previous evidence he has given and any future evidence. Basically he examined a dog and was caught saying if it was England I would have to say its a pit bull but under the circumstance we will call it a boxer lab cross.

I have seen the dogs in question and would also doubt if they are pits but they now have no chance due to his lying. Very sad day for him and the dogs
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2008, 10:43 PM
& when exactly was this ?

It was 2007 I believe & you have already discussed it to death last year
weestumpy
Dogsey Junior
Male 

20-11-2008, 08:56 PM
Yes there was a discussion in 2007 but it has raised its ugly head again with him telling more porky pie but this time the Magistrate when through him for a short cut and basically booted him out of court before he got a chance to spin a lot of rubbish. What was it she called him, a player and a punter, some insult, but the truth.

The case was heard at Coleraine Magistrate Court in Northern Ireland. The date was Monday 17th November 2008 and it started at 10-30am, and he left the premises with his head down and his dolly trolley behind him at about 2-30pm. Just had a thought, wonder is he still going to claim legal aid? Would you also like to know who was the magistrate?

So it’s obvious it was not discussed to death when his porky pies have in a nut shell condemned three dogs to death as they now no longer have any defence
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2008, 09:32 PM
You obviously have a "thing"about Roger-BTW his wife is NOT a Trolley Dolly
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >