View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2006, 02:28 PM
I use an oil burner & lavinder essential oil, works much better than any of these ambi pure type ones you can buy, thats what I found anyway.
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-10-2006, 06:33 PM
I always have a plug in jobbie in the kitchen cause Vegas sometimes has a unique smell and also keep a can of 'Oust' air freshner/deodariser which really is excellent!!!

I refuse to have candles cause they scare the s**t outta me.
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-10-2006, 06:37 PM
Not a penny on them With Finn's allergies I was advised to stop using them because of the chemicals in them. Now we have an air purifier that gets rid of all the horrible smells.
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2006, 07:04 PM
Ditto Carole, we don't go near the chemical fragrances, think researchers have linked them to cancer, mind you almost everything these days are linked to cancer.

Still we have gone for an Airfree purifier and also use essential oils, and good old fresh air to keep the house fresh
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2006, 07:11 PM
Originally Posted by maplecottage View Post
Ditto Carole, we don't go near the chemical fragrances, think researchers have linked them to cancer, mind you almost everything these days are linked to cancer.

Still we have gone for an Airfree purifier and also use essential oils, and good old fresh air to keep the house fresh
OMG I have never heard of that!! you have me worried now, as it's the first time I have used this plug in type!!
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2006, 08:17 PM
i never seem to find these air fresheners work, ive spent a fortune on them in the past and still have some dotted around, but they only ever seem to make the immediate air around them smell

i do have insense sticks, but the smoke gets in my chest.
i may try some of them oil burners next time im in town tho
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2006, 08:54 PM
Hi Trixy, I guess anything with colourings and chemicals will always be a bit of a risk, whether they can substantiate the claim I'm not sure, but we just personally find it's always best to go as natural as possible.

A recommendation from a dogsey member Ashlady was to use a Goodsphere which basically purifies the air, and you just add a few drops of essential oils to get that lovely aroma, we used ours so much that it eventually broke from being overused but I can vouch for it, not one of my non-doggy friends could smell our dog in the house because of it, and of course good old fresh air and regular floor mopping

Hope this helps a little.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2006, 06:01 AM
Personally, I'm a candle person. Yankee Candles are just the best. They're not cheap, but they have a fantastic range and they smell lovely at just the right strength. I highly recommend them
ceiron
Almost a Veteran
Male 

03-10-2006, 06:05 AM
i dont use any, oil based ones especially are harmful to alot of animals and lethal to small furries, fish and reptiles.

i use tap a drop which is an odour abosrber and petsafe around the mice now and then but jsut have good air flow in my rooms mainly.
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2006, 06:10 AM
I am against them too. I see no point in spending money unnecessarily on a device that pumps chemicals into the air. It's not natural and can't be good for anything living - and people wonder why childhood asthma is on the increase
I was impressed by a work colleague who invited a few of us round. She was a smoker but opened windows frequently and believe me, the smell was minimal (and I can't abide tobacco smoke).
And yes - a great marketing ploy, sell hard something we don't need and the big boys get rich - like these yoghurt drinks - but don't get me going on those!!!!!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >