Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2005, 11:52 AM
Originally Posted by Ozzysmom
I've used a horse lead-rope before and I agree the clips are way stronger.

I am wondering though, why does she shake in the first place? Perhaps she is sore around her neck area or maybe an ear infection? Just maybe worth checking her over and resolve the problem that way?

What about a halti collar instead? Perhaps she shakes because of the ordinary collar on, maybe allergic reaction??

She shakes with any type of collar/head collar on. I think it's because she doesnt wear anything in the house, so it's annoying, and strange when she is out.
She has always done it.....no health problems
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-09-2005, 12:39 PM
I use the rope horse leads too as I find the knots easier to hold than 2 handles. The clips are a lot bigger and look stronger and they are only a few pounds each.
presley
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-09-2005, 01:30 PM
what about absailing clips? I wouldn't think they would come undone! x
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2005, 02:15 PM
Thanks for the help everyone!
I will have a look at work tonight (I work in a warehouse, and there is a pet warehouse), and if I can't find anything, I will go up to the local equestrain centre!

Stephanie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2005, 02:18 PM
Hevur, if Teagan shakes becasue she doesn't like the collar casue shes not used to wearing one why don't you put one on her when she is in the house too, this way she will get used to it
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2005, 02:23 PM
I used to, but then with all the stories about dogs getting caught on things...and when Teagan jumps up, she is about door handle height!

But, I have ordered a nice soft collar, and that should be here tomorrow/Wednesday, so I am going to leave it on when I am at home, and hope that works!

But I am still going to change leads, as it gave me a scare
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2005, 03:02 PM
Good idea, I stopped letting my dogs wear a collar when I was out as one day when I was upstairs one of them had accidentally caught their collar onto the kitchen door handle and was getting choked by it.

Thank heavens I was in, I could hear him panicking and writhing around, I rushed downstairs and unhooked him but it sent shivers down my spine as to what could have happened if I hadn't been home.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2