Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malpeki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-01-2013, 11:26 PM

Dogdancing

Hello
I hope I'm here in the right forum category with Sports?

I'm not in dogdancing at all, anyway, my dog were just far to pigheaded, that I could ever theach her something like that

but once I hit on this and I think, it's the most amazing Dogdancing I ever did see:

what do you think?
Azz
Administrator
Male 

24-01-2013, 11:39 PM
I thought that was brilliant... up until the last second (I'm not keen on making dogs 'stand' like that as it's not good for their joints) but I did really enjoy that a story was being told, and they told it well
Malpeki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-01-2013, 11:55 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
I thought that was brilliant... up until the last second (I'm not keen on making dogs 'stand' like that as it's not good for their joints) but I did really enjoy that a story was being told, and they told it well
here the same
I also don't like those standing, nor walking, or jumping dogs like that

also it looks far to unnutural

but here it's only in the last seconds of the whole dance, so it may be forgiven
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2013, 01:03 PM
I personally do not like to see "dancing dogs", but that's just me. I am sure thousands of other dog lovers think it wonderful, but I'm not one of them.

I would much rather see more natural doggie delights, such as sheep dog trials, bloodhound drag hunts, gun dog retrieval etc. etc.
Malpeki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-01-2013, 02:00 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
I personally do not like to see "dancing dogs", but that's just me. I am sure thousands of other dog lovers think it wonderful, but I'm not one of them.

I would much rather see more natural doggie delights, such as sheep dog trials, bloodhound drag hunts, gun dog retrieval etc. etc.
well, as I said, I'm also not in dog dancing
I casually hit on that but even there, I've got the impression, that the dog also loves that "game"

far more I'm impressed of really working dogs!
and there has not to be a "sheep dog trial", I got that watching in reality and I just could remain stunning about that great work of those dogs

then, when I look down at mine and compare... I'm just getting a a fit of laughter!
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2013, 04:38 PM
I know! The thought of my two hooligans performing like those wonderful sheepdogs is laughable! Tai would be more likely to try and play with them - Ben would probably view them as a nice BARF meal!!

I used to love One Man and His Dog - how amazingly clever those farmers and their dogs are.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2013, 04:57 PM
I love watching dogs doing this type of exercise and they really seem to enjoy doing it too.
I would never have the patience and neither would Pepsi
Malpeki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-01-2013, 08:48 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
I love watching dogs doing this type of exercise and they really seem to enjoy doing it too.
I would never have the patience and neither would Pepsi
here the same

and rather she would abstain from those goodies, she would get for doing a good job, bevor she IS! doing a good job!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

25-01-2013, 09:02 PM
Thank you for posting that, I enjoyed it. As you say I also would never have the time or patience to train a dog to that level.
Malpeki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-01-2013, 09:30 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Thank you for posting that, I enjoyed it. As you say I also would never have the time or patience to train a dog to that level.
Oh you are very welcome

glad you enjoyed watching it

and to me, it's always amazing to see, what some people get out of their dogs with hard work

but I don't need that, I'm perfectly happy with mine and how she is