Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2009, 07:41 PM

Blade is settling in really well!!

Had my boy two weeks today!

It's been interesting to say the least! He has his good days and his bads days!

His manners in the kennel are fantastic, but the same can't be said when we are out walking!

I let him off the lead now, and he has just been pushing the boundries a bit, not listening when I call and disappearing, then coming back when I have either gone to find him or when he feels like it!!

I have discovered that he a real liking for tennis balls, so one now accompanies us on every walk, and he is so much more responsive to me now!

We are getting into a routine when we get ready to go on walks! I always put a collar on him, so that I have something on him, should I need to keep a hold of him, then he comes out his kennel and stays with me, then I get the tennis ball out of the shed, so he knows I've got it!

Then we head to the field, where he can't quite get over the gate with the same athletisism (sp) as Hamish, so he waits for me to climb the gate, then takes a different route through the hole in the fence! He then runs straight to my side and waits for me to tell him to get out, and he has a run, then we play tennis ball for a while, then I play with the others!

Once the walk is finished, we get about ten foot away from the gate, I say 'Kennels then guys' and Hamish and Misty go over/through the gate, Gracie waits for me to climb it, and Blade goes through his hole in the fence!
Blade stands and waits for me to climb the fence, then he wanders off and goes straight into his kennel, no questions asked! In that respect he is most behaved out of the four of them!

I haven't had him in direct contact with any sheep, but the fields surrounding my walking field are full of them and he doesn't seem bothered by them, which I am hoping will be a good thing!!

Overall, I am pleased with how well he has settled in, and am looking forward to having lots more fun with him!!

Sorry for the long post, but I am so proud of my boyy!!

xxx
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2009, 07:13 AM
It does sound like he's settling in well

Also sounds like he is the sort that needs something to do (or he'll create his own entertainment! )
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2009, 08:22 AM
Wow he is doing really well isn't he (thanks to you). What a good boy xx
Dale's mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-08-2009, 09:25 AM
He's sounds as if he's settling very well with you.
Hope you continue to have lots of fun with him.