Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2008, 10:12 AM
Originally Posted by littlelab View Post
At 9 weeks old she is already a BIG girl, and I am really concerned that if I don't get her out and about now she is going to be a nervy creature later on, She had her jabs on Monday, so next Monday, I am going to pavement walk her in the village, I have to get her used to it all now at this critical age.
yes your definately doing the right thing taking her out, you don't want any dog to be nervy.....but especially one who will be huge!

Do you have a car? How about taking her different places in the car and staying near the car so she can sit inside, with the door open and watch. Some people use those special puppy carrier bags....but i expect she would be a bit heavy for that too!
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2008, 10:23 AM
Awww she's lovely and what a big girl she is for her mum I don't have that problem, Poppy is tiny, so I just shove her inside my coat, mind you I don't think that Pops will be scared of anything, she's a little tiger
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2008, 10:28 AM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
Awww she's lovely and what a big girl she is for her mum I don't have that problem, Poppy is tiny, so I just shove her inside my coat, mind you I don't think that Pops will be scared of anything, she's a little tiger
It's a ''Tiger Collie'' She's auntie's little wee star. Little puppy with big attitude.

Littlelab .......Loved your 3rd day story.......see your still enjoying it all
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2008, 10:31 AM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
It's a ''Tiger Collie'' She's auntie's little wee star. Little puppy with big attitude.
Littlelab .......Loved your 3rd day story.......see your still enjoying it all

You can say that again, she is a handful eps when the barking starts, my ears bleed
littlelab
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-11-2008, 11:13 AM
I'll do a swap with you Elaine...for a few weeks..lol
littlelab
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-11-2008, 08:55 AM
Day 4 of the Puppy Chronicles.

Tara has learnt that a crate is a lovely Den and a great place to hide all the other dogs toys. I found her yesterday buried amidst a mound of teddies, balls and other squeeky things, is hoarding a Wolfie trait?

She is slowly learning about where to go for a wee and last night she stood at the back door for a few seconds before tiddling in the floor, it was our fault we missed the signal, by Dogs she is a quick learner.

Tara has also discovered the Log basket in the living room and loves nothing more than to pull the logs out onto the floor and have a good chew, although I can't see how I am going to put this out of reach.

Jack is still hoping that if he keeps his eyes shut she'll disappear, and Maia is being as patient as ever.
gemz
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-11-2008, 10:15 AM
aw, sounds like fun. I have all that to look forward to, I get my puppy tomorow. I'm so excited
littlelab
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-11-2008, 01:29 PM

Her favourite toys of the moment
littlelab
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-11-2008, 09:19 AM
Day 5...

I am exhausted, but Tara seems to have bundles of energy, and wow can she pee for England I have gone through such much Kitchen Roll I could buy shares in it and make a fotune!!

However yesterday as part of her 'get to know the world' education we went to the beach, she was obviously very excited, all 3 of them were in my company car as the 'dog' car was having its MOT, so with all the seats down we headed off. A few minutes into the journey and both Maia and Jack were squashed up my end of the car..and then the smell hit me Puppy had poo'd..not only that she had covered herself in it!!!!

Wet wipes and Tissues later (always prepared) and a knock on a complete strangers door for a bin bag, for the poo not the puppy :laugh: , we headed off.

Beach was great, although I recommend checking that your other 2 dogs have their collars on BEFORE you leave the house!! People oo'd and arr'd and wanted a cuddle, and of course Tara loved it.

Cats, having spoken to the lovely Liz, I thought in for a penny and all that, I carried Puppy upstairs to the Feline kingdom, plonked Tara in the bed, to meet the 2 Puddy tats that were residing there, she sniffed them and that was that, so success!! Daily feline interaction is what is needed I feel.

Crate training is going extremely well, she loves it in there and we are now managing to close the door for 10 mins while I am in the room without any whinging..so it will be overnight soon.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2008, 12:23 PM
One tired Mommy then
Page 3 of 25 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »