View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2007, 10:51 AM
I have a petition on the no 10 petition site about banning puppy farms so I'm 100% with you on that but how far have you gone with the breeder? Have you taken them to court?
Becky
joanne8888
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-11-2007, 10:56 AM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
I have a petition on the no 10 petition site about banning puppy farms so I'm 100% with you on that but how far have you gone with the breeder? Have you taken them to court?
Becky
I have signed it, and I also have a link to it on my forum

I am working with the other littermate/owners and we are going to submit the claim together,
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2007, 10:57 AM
Good for you. Much as I am not a great lover of litigation I do believe that in some instances it is the best course of action.
and thanks for signing the petition! Only 2 months to go before it closes so need to get it out there and get as many people as possible to sign to make any sort of impact!Becky
surannon
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-11-2007, 11:01 AM
Originally Posted by joanne8888 View Post
I think some of you have misunderstood me, I am backing a campaign to try to get the KC more involved when something goes wrong,

I paid top wack for my dog, the pedigree on the surface seemed bloody good............until I found out the progeny and how bad silblings were

Did my breeder want to know...no
Did the Kennel Club want to know...no

Is the breeder still breeding bad dogs....yes

Sorry you've had problems with your dog. It's awful when that happens.

However, the only thing the KC have to do with your dog is that they've given it a registration number and certified it's pedigree to be correct from the information they got from the breeder. That's the only thing. They haven't stated that the breeder was the best person to buy a puppy from nor have they guaranteed the health of the puppy. At the risk of sounding harsh, it was your decision, and yours alone, to buy a puppy from that breeder.

Debs
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2007, 11:03 AM
I think some of you have misunderstood me, I am backing a campaign to try to get the KC more involved when something goes wrong,

I paid top wack for my dog, the pedigree on the surface seemed bloody good............until I found out the progeny and how bad silblings were

Did my breeder want to know...no
Did the Kennel Club want to know...no

Is the breeder still breeding bad dogs....yes

If this campaign works it will close down alot of these puppy farms, a lot of councils at the minute are checking that breeders are licenced and are working with the KC, so the campaign is starting to get its voice heard.......again I can follow my dreams

Thank you so so much for the support you have given
hi Joanne,
Welcome to Dogsey.
I am sorry you have had such a terrible time, it must be both upsetting and incredibly frustrating.

I am still a little confused though.
I totally agree that puppy farms should be closed down,couldn't agree more. I'm just not entirely sure what it is you want of the kennel club? I'm not sure what it is that you are calling for/what you feel the role of the KC is in all of this?
I'm not trying to be argumentative or anything, I'm just trying to clarify what it is you are asking of us and of the KC?
x
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2007, 11:04 AM
Originally Posted by surannon View Post

However, the only thing the KC have to do with your dog is that they've given it a registration number and certified it's pedigree to be correct from the information they got from the breeder. That's the only thing. They haven't stated that the breeder was the best person to buy a puppy from nor have they guaranteed the health of the puppy. At the risk of sounding harsh, it was your decision, and yours alone, to buy a puppy from that breeder.

Debs
I agree,hindsight is a wonderful thing,did you not think to check this Breeder out first and look at other dogs they bred?
joanne8888
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-11-2007, 11:16 AM
Originally Posted by surannon View Post

Debs

*bursts in to a flood of tears*

I know what you are saying

But I have a dog who is poorly, he also has brothers that is poorly, it makes me feel sick to know she is still breeding and no one, no ware will do nothing to stop her

I cannot sit back, knowing that its not just me who continuously hit brick walls

or do we keep shouting until our voice is heard.

anway sorry for going OT

Get back to the debate, I was enjoying reading it
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2007, 11:22 AM
*bursts in to a flood of tears*

I know what you are saying

But I have a dog who is poorly, he also has brothers that is poorly, it makes me feel sick to know she is still breeding and no one, no ware will do nothing to stop her

I cannot sit back, knowing that its not just me who continuously hit brick walls

or do we keep shouting until our voice is heard.

anway sorry for going OT

Get back to the debate, I was enjoying reading it
The KC do not have the power to stop her though they have no legal right to do that.
It is up to the local council not to licence her, or the RSPCA to get involved if there is cruelty involved,
or people to vote with their feet and not buy from her.

Going to court does seem like your best bet and I wish you all the luck in the world with it...but I think this is out of the realm of the KC to be honest.

Haveyou got in touch with the dog papers and magazines to see if they can help in anyway?
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2007, 11:28 AM
The problem is as long as people keep buying from these sort of Breeders,they will keep breeding unfortunatly.

I also wish you well in taking it further.
joanne8888
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-11-2007, 11:28 AM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
hi Joanne,
Welcome to Dogsey.
I am sorry you have had such a terrible time, it must be both upsetting and incredibly frustrating.

I am still a little confused though.
I totally agree that puppy farms should be closed down,couldn't agree more. I'm just not entirely sure what it is you want of the kennel club? I'm not sure what it is that you are calling for/what you feel the role of the KC is in all of this?
I'm not trying to be argumentative or anything, I'm just trying to clarify what it is you are asking of us and of the KC?
x
The first piority of A Dogs life, is to have the sale of dogs act changed, so that Supermarket pet shops/puppy farms are closed down.........once that is acheived.....and I cannot disclose anything yet, but It will be happening

I would like to Kennel Club to work more with the buyers when things go wrong.....different arguement to the one above, that is why I have asked for peoples dealings with them, The KC are saying that they work very hard in ensuring the health of dogs sold are healthy etc..........so we need as many people as possible to let us know what they think of the KC, and how they been dealt with when they have complained against the breeders.
Page 3 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »