View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2006, 12:15 AM
:smt009 :smt009 :smt009 :smt009 :smt009 Oh dear..not another idiot on the loose.:smt009 :smt009 :smt009
gaznweebeasties
Dogsey Junior
Male 

13-12-2006, 10:34 AM
show them the post about five above this one .

its a video about animal suffering from careless breeding and makes the point of spaying/neutering
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2006, 11:52 PM
So has she read this yet then? Or better still.. has she changed her mind?
enerosar
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-12-2006, 12:05 AM
I showed her the info i printed off, she read it, a few hmms later, "oh shes lovely shes my baby, she will be fine, i will take her to the vet if i have to" so nope shes not changed her mind.
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2006, 12:35 AM
Originally Posted by enerosar View Post
I showed her the info i printed off, she read it, a few hmms later, "oh shes lovely shes my baby, she will be fine, i will take her to the vet if i have to" so nope shes not changed her mind.

Stupid, stupid, stupid Woman!!!!!!

(My girls are lovely, and my babies and thats all the more reason why I wouldn't WANT to put them through that!)
enerosar
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-12-2006, 08:43 AM
exactly, im still working on her though, for the sake of the dog if nothing else. Yes she looked nice from the pic on her phone but all dogs are nice arent they.
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2006, 11:06 AM
Originally Posted by enerosar View Post
SOme people are so blind and niave! The fact that she is lovely doesn't make her good breeding stock. The fact that she is this woman's baby doesn't mean that the pregnancy, birth and aftercare will go smoothly. The fact that she will "take her to the vet" if she "has to" doesn't guarantee a problem free time. She clearly isn't registering the amount of protential problems there is and the amount of work ahead.

Well, you did right giving her the info. Let's just hope the reality of the situation will gradually sink in with her.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2006, 01:59 PM
It sounds to me as if you have given her as much information as you can to try to stop her going ahead, it must feel as if you are talking to a brick wall at times.

I don't know how much clearer you can be with her, however will she feel if she loses her "baby" because she didn't recognise the signs of a problem pregnancy? Or what if she has a pyo during the pregnancy, she could lose the bitch with that or, with luck, get to keep her but she will have to be speyed.

If only these people knew the heartache that each litter brings, yes there are beautiful pups at the end of it but what about the ones we spend night and day handrearing in the hope that they will make it, the endless trips to the vets only to lose them anyway. Whenever I'm mating one of my girls, I spend hours mulling over the what ifs, and then spend the next 9 weeks terrified that something is going to happen to them. Its going to be even worse for her once the pups arrive, especially if she is totally oblivious as to what she needs to do to rear healthy pups.

Two bitches that I mated this year both "missed" despite having had their canine herpes jab, so I know it wasn't anything to do with that. Lets keep our fingers crossed that, if she does go ahead with the mating, it doesn't result in any pups. It can happen in perfectly normal, healthy bitches so there is a chance.
Nursey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-12-2006, 04:02 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
Or what if she has a pyo during the pregnancy, she could lose the bitch with that or, with luck, get to keep her but she will have to be speyed.

This exact thing happened to one of mine in July 2005, Kitty's three puppies died inside her when she was 5 weeks in whelp, the whole rotting mess had to be removed and she was spayed. I very nearly lost her, she was very very poorly.

Dawn R.
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >