View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
huntinggirl
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-06-2006, 12:16 PM
i just use a stairgate, the same that you use for kids... i find they do the job just as good.
Faraday
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-06-2006, 12:21 PM
I've got a kids stairgate on my kitchen/lounge doorway. Mostly to keep the puppy and cats seperate at feeding times.

I tried the dog one from argos but it was too wide for our doorways so just got the child one.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2006, 12:37 PM
I occasionally use a baby gate - especially when Teagan is being a pain, but it's not up at the moment
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2006, 12:39 PM
Cute pics of Benji Foxy! Love his haircut!

I've just looked at the argos one and that is too big for our door - by 1cm!

Those that have them, do you find they get in the way? Or do you just get used to them? I just think it would be easier than me having to say "SHUT THE DOOR!!" 1,000 times a day!

And fork out on all the extra eaten cat food and chewed furniture!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2006, 12:48 PM
We've got the same as Foxy's and i was just going to offer it to you if you wanted to pick it up but if it's too big, that's that idea out the window We didn't find it got in the way, it was absolutely fine. The only reason we don't use it any longer is because madam has full run of the house and a dog flap out to the yard. It was a godsend when she was little though!
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2006, 12:53 PM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond
We've got the same as Foxy's and i was just going to offer it to you if you wanted to pick it up but if it's too big, that's that idea out the window We didn't find it got in the way, it was absolutely fine. The only reason we don't use it any longer is because madam has full run of the house and a dog flap out to the yard. It was a godsend when she was little though!
Aww thanks, what a nice thought!

But yeah the widest point in the doors in our house are 74cms! ARRGHHH!
franc1987
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-06-2006, 01:02 PM
We got a cheap baby gate from Ikea and it is genious!!! We use it all the time!!

We have it between the utility room and the kitchen so that we can shut the dogs in their room without having to shut them off completely from the family. Its also useful when they are wet/muddy, when we have guests and dont want to exclude them. Its also good for introducing kids to them because we no the dogs can't get out so the kids are relaxed and happy to approach them with the gate there.

hth
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2006, 01:06 PM
No problem, shame it won't fit
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2006, 01:10 PM
I've got a baby gate It works great for Bailey because he doesn't know that he could jump it if he tried

I think it's much better than shutting the door, keeps everything open Bailey prefers us going out through that and disappearing than shutting him in a room with the door!
I thought it would be annoying to open and shut all the time but they're easy to do so I've just got used to it!
I think you can get ones that extend or shrink if your door is a different size Not sure though!

Tara_G
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-06-2006, 01:36 PM
We tried using a baby gate when we first got Ellie but she just jumped straight over it She can also easily clear the fence between our garden and the neighbours which is 4 foot so I don't think a dog gate would be high enough either. Shutting the door is no good either as she can open them so we've had to put small bolts on the kitchen and dining room door to keep her in when we go out or when I have my rats out, a few moths ago we had to start locking the kitchen windows as well as we got back one night to find that she'd somehow managed to push the button on the handle in and lift it up, all she had to do was lean against the window and she could of got out
Perhaps we should rename her houdini
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >