Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Azz
Administrator
Male 

04-07-2010, 05:49 PM

iPhone 4

Anyone got one? What do you think of it? Have you had the reception issues?

Annestaff is thinking about getting one

(And she's trying to get me to get one too!)
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-07-2010, 05:54 PM
I was looking at them but I have a Nokia E71 which is still a good phone and an ipod touch so have decided to hold off for the moment and as I am left handed the reception problem might affect me

I say get one Azz I will probably give in eventually
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-07-2010, 06:01 PM
He only wants one so he can video chat with me
Azz
Administrator
Male 

04-07-2010, 07:14 PM
Lol we should all get one and have a video conference
Deedee1321
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-07-2010, 07:21 PM
Me and Hubby both upgraded from our iPhone 3gs to iPhone 4 at the launch. I was never a big Apple fan and stuck to Nokia's then hubby got one and when my next contract was due I got the 3gs.

I LOVE the iPhone 4, the screen is so clear and the camera is 5mp and seems really sharp. I haven't really had any problem with the signal strength. Hubby has tried to show me if you hold it a certain way it can reduce the signal but I couldn't get it to do it! Haven't had any problems with calls dropping or anything like some people have reported.

The iMovie app is really cool too

Dee

ETA - Here is a photo taken with the camera..
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2010, 07:45 PM
I've upgraded to the iPhone 4 and have to say i'm not as impressed as i thought i would be.

If you've never had an iPhone before then I can guarantee you will love it but if you're upgrading from an earlier version then you might not feel the same.

The upgrade was worth it for the screen quality and the improved camera but at the moment they are the only two features i'm loving the phone for.

As for connectivity and signal i'm very disappointed. I've had several calls drop out due to the signal and have managed to make the signal drop by holding a certain way. This is basically due to the fact that Apple decided to use the silver surround as the aerial so if held a certain way you can block the signal.

I'm still a big iPhone fan but I think they over-hyped this one.
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2010, 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by Annestaff View Post
He only wants one so he can video chat with me
But only if you're both connected to Wi-Fi!! I've used that function once just to see what it's like and it required me sat in the kitchen and the OH sat in the living room!!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2010, 08:32 PM
My brother in law has one, I played with it a little last night. He has had some signal issues with it, but still likes it.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2010, 08:45 PM
my cousin got one, and I have the original iphone which I love, and as esme said, if you have had the original iphone you probably wont be as amazed at the new one.

Its screen is clear and the camera is good but so is the 3mp one I have on the i3.

Dont see anything vastly different really, also found it heavier than the i3.

I wont be upgrading as i am on a sim only contract and got my iphone from my dad when his was renewed so its not as if there is a real incentive for me to do it at mo.
ScoobyDo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-07-2010, 05:45 PM
well I have the 3gs which i updated to the 4 software, and am now having problems with dropped calls that I never had before. So won't be getting the new one until the problems are sorted. But I will be getting one then.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >