View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2009, 02:27 PM
Aww sorry to hear what happened to you and Tilly. But try and not let this put you off dogs again. You always get a bad apple in a bunch. Unfortunatley you have come across one sooner rather than later. Least you know what the dog looks like and you will be able to see her next time, just try and stay clear.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2009, 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
Thanks - I think generally round here the dumb dog owners stick to being dragged round the streets on their leads & don't bother going round the farm. (don't want to get their designer trainers muddy!) But like I said I thought it was bound to happen one day!
We went later then normal this morning - so I won't do that again just in case!
I think you might be wise to do that. In all the years I've owned dogs, I've always found the serious dogwalkers are always the early birds, and the even earlier birds are the ones with the aggressive dogs coz they want to get out first! You have to find the inbetween gap in your area, i.e. after the aggressors but before the plebs! My time is 7.20 up to 8 am. that's a good time around here, but after 9.30 is a total nightmare in heavy dog populated places, so I then wait until 1pm. or 3 pm. and that's always a good time for a 2nd walk. You'll have to find out your times in your area by trial and error I suppose.
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2009, 07:29 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I think you might be wise to do that. In all the years I've owned dogs, I've always found the serious dogwalkers are always the early birds, and the even earlier birds are the ones with the aggressive dogs coz they want to get out first! You have to find the inbetween gap in your area, i.e. after the aggressors but before the plebs! My time is 7.20 up to 8 am. that's a good time around here, but after 9.30 is a total nightmare in heavy dog populated places, so I then wait until 1pm. or 3 pm. and that's always a good time for a 2nd walk. You'll have to find out your times in your area by trial and error I suppose.
Lol - I think my best time is when they are all doing the school run at 8.30am.......... and 1 hour before dark (currently 5pm ish) when the caring ones are giving their dogs a before dinner run!!
or at 9.30am when they watching Jeremy Kyle (though I'm guilty of that sometimes just to remind me how good my life is!!)
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2009, 07:31 PM
Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
Lol - I think my best time is when they are all doing the school run at 8.30am.......... or 9.30am when they are watching Jeremy Kyle!! and 1 hour before dark (currently 5pm ish) when the caring ones are giving their dogs a before dinner run!!

saying that - I sometimes watch Jeremy Kyle - just to remind myself what a great life I have!!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2