View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2011, 05:45 PM
Lynn you are going through similar dilemmas I went through with Shady, should I have that cruciate op or not.
Looking back now I am glad in many ways we went through with it. It gave us extra months together and she did get what I never thought I would see again and that was running her little heart out over the field chasing those trains. I am sad she never got to play frisbee again which she really had always lived for but she did at least get to run again. I know also I let her go at the right time as she wouldn't have coped mentally with another big op and rest and her outlook was not very hopeful at all of ever being able to run again and to her that would have been very cruel mental torture.
With Ollie it is not the running, the same pleasure and enjoyment for him will be going out for a nice walk enjoying the sights and smells. If these steroids can achieve that even for a short while all this will have been worth it. If they don't just look at his happy smiley face on that video it tells you all this struggle has been worth it.
I am praying for Ollie though it won't be that they help for a short while, but for a very very long while to come.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-01-2011, 06:04 PM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Lynn you are going through similar dilemmas I went through with Shady, should I have that cruciate op or not.
Looking back now I am glad in many ways we went through with it. It gave us extra months together and she did get what I never thought I would see again and that was running her little heart out over the field chasing those trains. I am sad she never got to play frisbee again which she really had always lived for but she did at least get to run again. I know also I let her go at the right time as she wouldn't have coped mentally with another big op and rest and her outlook was not very hopeful at all of ever being able to run again and to her that would have been very cruel mental torture.
With Ollie it is not the running, the same pleasure and enjoyment for him will be going out for a nice walk enjoying the sights and smells. If these steroids can achieve that even for a short while all this will have been worth it. If they don't just look at his happy smiley face on that video it tells you all this struggle has been worth it.
I am praying for Ollie though it won't be that they help for a short while, but for a very very long while to come.
Thanks Bev.

Not so long ago we were sat together crying over our dilemmas. I am still fortunate in that for the moment I still have Ollie with me. Like you say hopefully a long time yet although the steroids will have their down side.

Nadia is still baffled as to what it actually is she knows nerves but he doesn't fit into any one category to pin it on a particular disease. We laughed and said he has taken lots of bits from different things and made up his own. Whether it be days, months or years we have done our best by him and will see this through but are fully aware we are playing with a ticking time bomb.
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2011, 04:21 PM
how is the lovely lad today? xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-01-2011, 04:30 PM
Originally Posted by melsgems View Post
how is the lovely lad today? xx
Very quiet today.

He started the full dose of steroids today 25mg this morning and due one at 5ish again this evening.

He did get one last night of 25 mg so in total 3 since yesterday they do say they can cause lethargy and depression.
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2011, 04:48 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Very quiet today.

He started the full dose of steroids today 25mg this morning and due one at 5ish again this evening.

He did get one last night of 25 mg so in total 3 since yesterday they do say they can cause lethargy and depression.
they will probably take some getting used to. Give him a few days to become adjusted to them. He will rally again I am sure x
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-01-2011, 04:50 PM
Originally Posted by melsgems View Post
they will probably take some getting used to. Give him a few days to become adjusted to them. He will rally again I am sure x
I am sure he will he has been having up days and down days anyway so it probably isn't the tablets.
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2011, 05:18 PM
Hope so much that the steroids help Ollie, it's been colder today n maybe is just a snoozy day for him. Sending my favourite Bernese big cuddles ((xx)) and hugs to you n Gorden too(x). Am keeping you all very much in our thoughts x
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-01-2011, 05:25 PM
Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
Hope so much that the steroids help Ollie, it's been colder today n maybe is just a snoozy day for him. Sending my favourite Bernese big cuddles ((xx)) and hugs to you n Gorden too(x). Am keeping you all very much in our thoughts x
Thank you. Ollie says thank you for the cuddles.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2011, 05:34 PM
Glad you've started on the steroids, but sorry to hear Ollie's a bit on the quiet side today, but like k9paw says, who could be happy on a day like this! Did you ask Nadia how long it takes for them to get into the system and start working, coz I have no idea do you? Are they prednisolone or something else (just interested that's all, I can never get too much information!)

Well, all you can do now, is just sit and watch.....and wait I suppose hey?! I'm sure we've all got everything on constant that they work like the little miracles we promised you. Good luck Lynnxxxxx ooooops, forget Ollie's cuddles today!xxxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-01-2011, 06:26 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Glad you've started on the steroids, but sorry to hear Ollie's a bit on the quiet side today, but like k9paw says, who could be happy on a day like this! Did you ask Nadia how long it takes for them to get into the system and start working, coz I have no idea do you? Are they prednisolone or something else (just interested that's all, I can never get too much information!)

Well, all you can do now, is just sit and watch.....and wait I suppose hey?! I'm sure we've all got everything on constant that they work like the little miracles we promised you. Good luck Lynnxxxxx ooooops, forget Ollie's cuddles today!xxxx
Nadia says they might start to work in a couple of days but not likely too just some dogs they can kick in quicker but we should expect to see a good improvement in two weeks.

He is on Prednisilone 25mg twice a day.

Yep just sit and wait now. I hope he has no reactions to them because if he does it all has to be rethought out. If he showed any signs yesterday or today we could stop them immediately but the longer he takes them if he was to have a reaction he then has to come off them slowly and then be given other medication to deal with the reaction.

I will go give Ollie his cuddles from Aunty Helena in a bit he says thank you for all the cuddles he is loving them.
Page 104 of 123 « First < 4 54 94 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 114 > Last »