View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2010, 11:05 PM
Everyone one in the house should want the addition so no I wouldn't.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2010, 11:10 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
I agree, if he lived here then no, I wouldn't, I respect him enough not to just go and make such a huge decision as a new member of the family without involving him but he doesn't live here, so if I wanted another now i'd get one, but I don't, so he's lucky! On this occasion...
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2010, 11:24 PM
never. i dont think it is fair to bring a dog into the house when they may not even be wanted... it could easily cause some hostile feelings towards the dog, which just wouldnt be fair.
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2010, 03:58 AM
Originally Posted by Deedee1321 View Post
I wouldn't... I'd just nag until I wore him down, I can be very persuasive

Dee
Thats it nag until you get it, I like this method also
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
So true, I couldn't bring home a dog and my OH not being happy about it, so nag until he says yes then bring the dog home
Originally Posted by random View Post
I agree, if he lived here then no, I wouldn't, I respect him enough not to just go and make such a huge decision as a new member of the family without involving him but he doesn't live here, so if I wanted another now i'd get one, but I don't, so he's lucky! On this occasion...
Kel, I reckon you could get one right now and he wouldn't say too much about it as you could always threaten to send him back to a strange little island
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2010, 07:08 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Or a foster. Or one you`d found in the street. Or going to be put down. Or just doing a favour for a mate, just a few days, honest.............
yes that sounds familiar. Mind you, he knows what I'm like so well now that he wouldn't even let me near the foster tents at our day out on Saturday

But seriously, he does a lot of the day to day looking after the dogs, so no, I would not just go ahead and get one without his OK. Unless of course he tried to say that I couldn't have any dogs at all (thankfully I can't imagine him ever saying that though)
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-04-2010, 07:39 AM
No - I would not do that to my OH. I would discuss it with him and the rest of the family and we would make the decision together.
I can't imagine that they would say no though
Like a lot on here - my OH looks after Sydney as much as I do. He loves walking her and we go out together for walks, so it would very much be a decision for all of us.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-04-2010, 07:47 AM
No!!! it would have to be a unanimous decision...me making it , and him giving in!!!!

Seriously though , no, we would have to agree , to big a commitment to be split on.
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2010, 07:51 AM
If he lived with me, then yes, he would need to agree. I think everyone in the house needs to want the new addition. But if I have my own place, and he thinks I have enough animals then who cares! He has no place to make any such determination without first placing a ring on my finger! And until he does such, I'll do as I please.

Can you tell I'm single????
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2010, 07:54 AM
Though I don't live with a partner, I live with my Mum... and though the dogs' are mine as in I walk them, feed them, pay for the vets' etc... I still wouldn't foist another dog in here without her agreement as she looks after them when I am at work. She bought me Jamie, she agreed to him having a friend (Deacon), she was upset about Sheree's (Scorpio) situation so we had Remy, then she agreed to having Codee when we knew the Duchess was not going to be with us long term... I always ask before I bring in a new dog as it has to be wanted by all... We have agreed to another, at some point, but we are waiting to see what comes along and for Codee to grow up yet!
But saying that... when I wanted a new piggie or rabbit I used all the sob stories in the world and always got my own way!!
cintvelt
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-04-2010, 08:09 AM
no, I wouldn't do that to him... what I have done, and am doing now, is play it so that he thinks it's his idea and that he 's asking me what I think.... that way he's just as happy with a new addition to the family as I am

Right now I'm using the "you know honey, I read somewhere that the easiest BC is at least two BC's" .... problem with that is though that Tess is really easy going anyway.... So now I'm looking for other subtle arguments.... any ideas are very welcome
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »