View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tigertail
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-08-2007, 09:40 PM
I have just chosen my little pup. He was the last of the litter so I did not have any choice. However, when I picked him up he was shivering and looked at me with such trusting eyes! He was the last because he was the only black one in the litter and everyone wanted the tan dogs.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2007, 11:51 AM
Originally Posted by boobah View Post
My belief is nobody should really view a litter before this and if I were a breeder I certainly wouldn't allow anyone to view before 7 wks.
We didn't have much of a choice with Max's litter. We had to pick before 3 days old, as they were going to be docked and we wanted him undocked.

I met with both litters of puppies from the day they were born, and handled them all.

I think it's important to let prospective owners see them before 7 weeks, as a lot of people might want a few more views of their pup before they come home.

Other people having pups out of Murphy's litter came to see them at 5, 7 and then 8 weeks.
amykf3
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-08-2007, 12:10 PM
We've just chosen a puppy last week and she's 3 weeks (well 4 weeks today!). She was the last one left but that worked out well as we fell in love with her even before they pointed her out!
5 weeks until bring home time - and counting!
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2007, 03:41 PM
Well I usually chose my pups at 6 weeks but the best puppy bitch I ever had I didn't chose at all. I had lost my dog at 4 just 3 months after losing his mother, & a breeder friend brought another dog to me but I rejected him as I was still too upset about my boy so she gave me his sister, who she was going to run on. It took a while but she won my heart, went on to get a couple of reserve tickets in breed, get prizes in obedience & agility & produce a lovely litter three of whom qualified for Crufts. Not bad for a bitch I never chose, & which cost me nothing, she was a free gift no strings attached.
Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-08-2007, 10:05 AM
Poppy was 10 days. I'd found a good breeder, waited for the next litter, said my preference was a Blenheim bitch, when the pups were born there was only one Blenheim bitch, so I had first choice of her. I couldn't resist her. We visited about 4 or 5 times between the first visit and actually collecting her. If I'd had any doubts during those visits I wouldn't have had her, but she's without a doubt THE best thing I've ever bought. Just can't imagine life without her.
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4