register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mysticalfalcore
Dogsey Junior

17-04-2007, 11:15 PM
I insure all my dogs with M&S. Have claimed a couple of times for my bitch and cover has only gone up by a pound or so. I have no excess on all three policies. I have just gone on-line and put in for another quote on one of my pups (out of curiosity) and the quote still came back as the same as I am paying (£12.86pm with no excess). I was wondering if maybe the problem is where people are staying. I know that down south of England vets are a lot more expensive than up here in Central Scotland and maybe that is having a kick on effect. I have certainly found M&S very good and have always paid out within a few days so I would plan on sticking with them. Obviously will see what happens when renewals come through, but not due until nearer end of year, since just renewed at end of last year.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2007, 11:56 AM
You've got that right there mysti When I recently rang M & S to inform themI will be making a claim I actually asked them why my insurance is so high and why I have to pay a £75 excess (why the policy has actually doubled in a year too!) and they told me it is actually all down to my postcode!! Nothing else they said! I might move!
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-04-2007, 12:17 PM
This is the reason I got when I enquired about the price hike.

AXA Insurance bases the underwriting terms of our policies on information provided within the insurance marketplace. Based on this information, we have set limits and exclusions of our policy against the statistics of claims made of certain breeds, the age of the pet, along with the cost of veterinary fees in your postal code area. As our premiums are based on this claims experience information and associated risks, it has been necessary to review our renewal premiums to allow us to continue to provide the substantial cover of the policy.

ShaynLola
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-04-2007, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by Carole View Post
This is the reason I got when I enquired about the price hike.

AXA Insurance bases the underwriting terms of our policies on information provided within the insurance marketplace. Based on this information, we have set limits and exclusions of our policy against the statistics of claims made of certain breeds, the age of the pet, along with the cost of veterinary fees in your postal code area. As our premiums are based on this claims experience information and associated risks, it has been necessary to review our renewal premiums to allow us to continue to provide the substantial cover of the policy.
I've just received my renewal from M&S for Lola.

Given that they now take into consideration age and breed, I was fully expecting my premiums for a 2 year old Newfoundland to double.

I am therefore pleasantly surprised to find that it has only increased by about £20 for the year to £140.32 (£11.69 per month) and still with no excess
Carole
Supervisor

24-04-2007, 08:54 PM
That is good to hear Finn's renewal is on its way out so will find out any day how much his has increased.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2007, 06:52 PM
Just received renewals for both Lennon and Mya - both increased by 65%
I'm currently thinking about dropping it altogether. I think I'd rather just pay any hefty bills on a credit card and pay them off double quick. It'll save me a fortune.
Carole
Supervisor

25-04-2007, 07:08 PM
What are your new premiums Vicki? I'm still waiting for mine, expecting it to go from £8.70 to over £20
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2007, 07:15 PM
Originally Posted by Carole View Post
What are your new premiums Vicki? I'm still waiting for mine, expecting it to go from £8.70 to over £20
Mya's rose from £133.80 to £220.77 (£11.15 pm to £18.40pm)

Len's rose from £141.24 to £233.05 (£11.77pm to £19.42pm)

TBH, Carole, these are the only two dogs I've ever insured. I only did it because Len was only 6 months when I got him and a bit of a scatterbrain. Then it was so reasonable that when I got Mya (his mum) I had her insured too.

Not only have the premiums gone up, but M&S have increased their endorsements and standard vet excess fees have risen by £20.

I'm afraid I'll be cancelling.......
Carole
Supervisor

25-04-2007, 07:20 PM
That is a really big increase I have the £70 excess option to get the lower premium and I think that has gone up to £75 this year.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2007, 07:22 PM
I've just done a quick search on moneysupermarket.com and the cheapest (albeit the most basic) for either Len or Mya is only £7.15 per month........
Page 6 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 >