Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2006, 01:13 PM

PAH Vets

Does anyone use them?
I went to PAH this morning and noticed thier surgery was open, I presumed emergency only, but on speaking to the receptionist they are open every Sat and Sunday at normal weekday consultation prices and have 24hr cover there.
She took me for a tour and I was very impressed with the facilities and they even have a bereavement room, and large room height kennels for post op or staying in large dogs or dogs that don't like confined spaces.
I have decided to give them a try next Friday as my girl needs to see a vet and they gave me a voucher for a free consultation and said that first consultation will take approx 30 mins as dog will be given a full health check.
I explained also I won't routinely vaccinate and like to titre test instead and they are ok with that too.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2006, 01:53 PM
That sounds brill and well worth a try.
Our PAH is too far away for us to use.
I think Helena uses the pAH vets, sure she'll be along when she sopts this if she does.
Brilliant weekend cover...
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-09-2006, 02:12 PM
I use them we used them for our cat Benji who had to be pts sleep recently and we were very impressed they have their own laboratory on site and we got the the results back the same evening and made the decision it was cruel to keep her going.They put her to sleep as they didn't want to keep her going and we collected her next day they were very sympathetic,we even got a sympathy card from them.Ollie has been going there as I was fed up with the previous vets,I have been very impressed with them.I also like the idea they are open Saturday and Sunday and not emergency.Except after hours.
Hayley
Dogsey Senior

24-09-2006, 03:17 PM
We use them for Glazby and Abby. Glazby has been registered with them for 3 years now and we've never been anything but impressed. Recently we have discovered that Glazby has HD and the amount of time the vet took to fully explain the condition to us and the aftercare he has received has been wonderful. The vet we use has an obvious love of animals (which is more than could be said for some vets I've had the misfortune of dealing with) and whats important is that Glazby loves him and was quite happy to be left with him when he had to stay in for a general anaesthetic a couple of months back!!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2006, 05:40 PM
When we go on Sundays I have never actually seen the vets open unless they only do mornings because its usually afternoon when we go
Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-09-2006, 07:15 AM
Our local PAH doesn't have a vets but to be honest, I don't think I'd trust anyone than our current vet anyway.
Ella's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2006, 09:45 AM
i use pah i always have with my girls , weekend surgery is the same as during the wek so for us working it makes life easier
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2006, 12:24 PM
Our PAH has a surgery at the back of the store it worries me the ill dogs walk through the store to access the area as they don't clean the store nearly as much as a vets, consequently I no longer take my 2 into the store when we go there I don't fancy bringing home any germs.