Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2006, 07:46 AM

Question for those who own dogs and bitches

if a dog is DONE will he still cock his all over the place to cover a bitches scent ?

and not pee on girlie dogs
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2006, 08:06 AM
I have always had dogs and bitches.
My castrated dogs have never cocked thier legs indoors but still will out on walks. Not necessarily on bitches scent but just marking terriotory.
But then I've had bitches do the same. Think it depends on the individual dog as my JRT cocks his leg on and off on a walk but not to scent mark every bitch smell.
Also it can become a learned habit that castration won't take away only retraining.
Would like to just add though that the castrated ones done youngish were no where near as bad as my entire males.
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2006, 08:06 AM
Polo did when I still had Polly, he was neutered in the spring, I know it takes around 6 months for the hormones to settle down but in his case he still displays some of the old behaviour (like mouthing off at entire males ) so I suspect that in his case, old habits die hard!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2006, 08:32 AM
My dog is done, and he never does that and I have 2 bitches who are entire too.

He does still try and get fruity when they are in season though, but to no avail

But no, no cocking, even when they are in season.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2006, 08:34 AM
Originally Posted by Deccy View Post
Polo did when I still had Polly, he was neutered in the spring, I know it takes around 6 months for the hormones to settle down but in his case he still displays some of the old behaviour (like mouthing off at entire males ) so I suspect that in his case, old habits die hard!
Charlie does still "protect" his bitches around other entire males when we are out, he is usually fine untill another male gets a bit friendly with one of the girls, then he will warn them off.

He's been done about 2 years now so his hormones are well settled.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2006, 08:38 AM
thanks for the replies i just wonderd for the future ...as i look after puppies sometimes that i have bred and i just wonderd if cocking legs all over including on the girls would stop if they were done
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2006, 09:01 AM
It would help in most cases.
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2006, 11:00 AM
Takoda is intact and Keena is done...He pee's on top of where she has pee'd all the time but that's it and it doesn't really matter...He has never pee'd on her?...or tried anything on with her, never even tried to hump, he isn't quick enough and to uncordonated...lol...He never pee's in doors...but he does always go and smell where Keena' pee'd (testing it) and gets chattery teeth...Not sure how different he would be de-nutted.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2006, 11:50 AM
Ive two entire dogs and an unspayed bitch, they all wee over the top of each other but I've never had a problem with them peeing in the house when shes in season.
Screaming for her is another matter altogether though.
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2006, 12:15 PM
Paddy lives with Paul's mum, he was neutered last August - 13 months ago, but everytime he comes to visit here he pee's on my girls, so it's not helped in this case.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >